Project racer, carbon fiber Savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pope

Okay plans are under way for a CF race savage. Here is my starting point.
DSCN1050.jpg

What am I doing to it well here it goes.

1)CF TVP's (on the way, Hope I get them soon stupid customs)
2)"Bulletproof" Diffs
3)Ceramic bearings all around (stock ones have cost me 5 pinion gears in a month)
4)ERCM Drag mod Picco .28 (Why drag mod well I have a 250cc tank and the mains are only 10min for MT)
welcomepicco.gif
calvinpicco.jpg

5) CF bulkhead plates, motor mount plate, and midtank mount (I am going to make these.)
6)Flux axles (The current XL ones are just to wide)

Should be a fun build and with the Ext flm's I will make a basher so two trucks again for me.

thats a butt-ton of bearings & diffs, you sure its not the shim-job? :sport-smiley-026:

Yea sure. It all started when I replaced the bearings I had with new ones from an XL. I did notice the steal ring in the new bearings that hold the balls are a lot thiner in the new ones than the old 25 ones I used to have.

Okay went to the LHS last night and picked up some screws to make my own screw kit. (getting tired of the stock screws)

Started putting it together but the motor was too high for the mid tank plate to fit so started grinding and cutting away at the trans case and the tvp's to lower the motor and trans. Almost done that then I just have to get it put together.

I have one but it is very hard to get pics off of it as I am having some major computer issues.

What you see there is now my basher. Truth be told it is still one heck of a race truck but I have deceided to do a from the ground up brand new race truck. I was replacing 95 percent of everything on the truck anyway so why not.

Plus I just got a few new tricks I want to try out.

Okay picked up alot of stuff for this bad boy.

Picco .28 ERCM Drag mod
DX3R
Ace super HT steering servo
Hitech High speed T/B servo
OFNA 086 pipe

Okay bigbores and extra shafts, eyelets, and alum shock caps coming.

I think this is done for now.

Here is what I have gotten so far.

DSCN1211.jpg

DSCN1210.jpg

DSCN1209.jpg

DSCN1208.jpg

DSCN1207.jpg

DSCN1206.jpg

DSCN1205.jpg

Here is what it looks like right now just put servo's and a new tank in.

DSCN1215.jpg

DSCN1216.jpg

DSCN1217.jpg

DSCN1218.jpg

Here is the body I painted up for it. It isn't cut to fit because I forgot to pick up a body ream but here it is setting on top of the truck. I am hoping to add some picco, ERCM, and Hpiracing stickers very soon.

DSCN1219.jpg

DSCN1220.jpg

DSCN1221.jpg

DSCN1222.jpg

DSCN1223.jpg

DSCN1225.jpg

DSCN1224.jpg

DSCN1226.jpg

Okay i have been getting some mixed reviews on using the Drag mod in a race truck. What do you guys think. Also how many people have had issues with them blowing trans apart?

The picco has arrived. Now I am just waiting for the Big Bore shocks. I am hoping they show up tomorrow so I have them for our bash sunday.

Latest posts

Members online

Back