noisy diffs 2017 XL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARSSAVAGE

I recently got a savage xl flux new, it came with the sinterd crown and pinions , so i orderd the rc4me ring and pinion machined and they seem very noisy. theres no resistance or slipping of the gears everything turns smoothly, just really loud compared to what i know a diff should sound like. i tried shimming the way it was from the factory, then tried to shim it to push the ring into the pinion more, then added shims to push it away from the pinion . Nothing gets rid of the noise. does anyone have any experiance with the rc4me diffs doing this or know what i should do to try to get rid of the noise, and lastly does anyone know where i can get genuine HPI machined ring and pinons

Compare the tooth profile of each and how they mate together. I would assume the non-stock ones have a different tooth profile. As long as the mesh is good (not too tight or loose) then I would ignore the noise but check the diffs more often than normal.

the teeth look very different than stock, the new ones seem to be more pointy where as stock is more of a flat top to the points on the crown.

Latest posts

Members online

Back