My XL and X upgrade's , stop in leave some tips and info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I edit pics making them bigger but same thing , when I load it here from my PC it makes it smaller , how do I make them bigger

Last edited by a moderator:
got a little more done to the FLM build

added a little peace of metal the servo mid tank plate for the ofna 250 tank , the metal was from a can opener that came with a pack of marlboro 72s

I did want the carbon fiber plate from platinum rc that is ment for the ofna tank but I hear he is trying to sell his business and people have been waiting along time to get there orders , may be I'll give him a call and see whats up

you can allso see them bigger in My albums , sooner or latter I figure it out how to make them bigger in my post LOL

can some one help me with dimensions WxH on the rear tank support for the IRC mid tank mod , can't get my hands on one so I make something work , Thanks for you info and help

few up date's on the builds

FLM mid tank build
IMG_0020_zps96a56ed0.jpg

IMG_0034_zps52837ea2.jpg

IRC mind tank build

IMG_0083_zpsa5db07aa.jpg

IMG_0082_zpsc8d6c6c5.jpg

I took off my riged mit tank kit off the IRC build and have a used IRC mid tank kit on the way (had to buy a IRC roll to get it LOL) ,but I'm very happy to have found this mid tank kit so now it will be A full IRC build , and it will make the test of FLM against IRC more true , I'm trying to keep these builds as even as I can to keep it fair , But I have a feeling IRC will win because the FLM engine plate seem's week to me and I'm very good at breaking engine plate's I've had stock plate's crack on a good 25 foot landing , need to do a little more home work on shock set up I did pick up the stiffer hellfire springs now I'm thinking 35WT shock oil , any info on stock big bore shock set up for bigger air would be greatly appreciated , Thanks

Well gona put my builds on hold for a bit , need to up grade my TX been having lots of glitching problems sense I upgraded servo , I tryed glitch buster with no luck then tryed a LiPo rx set up still no luck so I looked a little deeper into the ploblem turn's out it's my low end (cheap) TX and RX just could not keep up with the power I needed for the servo's causing it to glitch every 30,sec ,well not really a glitch it would run fine for 30 or so sec then the servo's would open up and freeze for about 30 sec , I was lucky every time it happen my X would wheelie onto its lid could of easily smashed into something or even hit one of my buddies and take out someone's leg .
So I did alot of reading and looking around even talk to the owner http://www.harbor-hobby.net/ about the best TX for all around uses and it came down to the Futaba 4PL 2.4GHz S-FHSS Radio System w/R2104GF Receiver

Last edited by a moderator:
most of the LRP.30 parts will fit , they'll come out with them soon , as for me I don't normally rebuild the engine I just replace it , buy time you get bearings , piston & sleeve , rod , connection pin it don't take much more cash to get a new one but thats just me ,

I could not stay away from my builds onto my TX gets here ,all most made it a hole day with out working on them LOL .
Today I put on the steering servo on the FLM build and I tryed every were just din't line up to my liking so I ended up taking off the ofna tank and mounting the servo on top and installed the Mugen Fuel Tank , still not 100% happy with it yet so I may be looking at other tank
IMG_0085_zps87a0e4a6.jpg

IMG_0087_zpsec7b9be5.jpg

IMG_0086_zps771fe96c.jpg

Being as picky as I am I had a hard time placing the 6.6v battery pack in the FLM build so I moved the 6v savox servo's to the IRC build the 6.6v battery pack fits the cen RX box like a glove , allso did a little to the linkage , I still need to do a little more bending and spring placement then fire up the radio and tune the end point
IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

I changed things around a lot onto I'm satisfied , so if you see differnt tank set up's and other things like that it's just me trying to make it me LOL

Today my servo came in so I installed it on the FLM build and played around with my servo tester , now I just need to read the book for the PL4 and do a final set up on the linkss and spring's
IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

Worked on the Electronics on the IRC build that turned out ok , and played with the links and tryed out the new futaba 4pl , I'm still not happy with the linkage so I may be trying differnt thing onto I find somthing I like a bit more.
I'm allso a little worried about being off balance with the 6.6v li-fe pack that far up front , mit try turning the cen box around
IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back