My XL and X upgrade's , stop in leave some tips and info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be rebuilding the X with the FLM EXT LCG TVP with mid tank mod and LRP.32 , I will allso be building up IRC EXT LCG full set up with mid tank mod with LRP.32 , this will be a winter project , the plan is to bash them both hard and see what one holds up , I will be adding up grades to both trucks to make them BP as I can get them and will be looking for Idea's and tips , I came up with this test becaues I'm breaking engine plates left and right + I just can't get enough of this hobby .
thing's I have for this build so for are
x1 FLM Extended Low Center of Gravity TVP
x1 FLM Motor Plate
x1 FLM Servo Plate Kit
x2 FLM TVP Brace
x2 FLM TVP Skid Brace
x2 FLM Servo Mounts
x2 Integy HD Rear Hub Carrier one on hand one on back order
x1 ERCM 221T side bleed pipe , need one more
x1 Idems for Ofna throttle mod , need one more
x1 Mugen Fuel Tank 150cc X5T MUGE0815 , need one more
x1 CEN FF007 Rx and Battery Box , need one more
X4 Delrin rod 1/2''x 24''
View attachment 4169View attachment 4170

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you've got quite a bit of work ahead of you. The upgrades your starting off with sound good to me. I've also got a full IRC built savvy that's tough as nails, so I know first hand their kits are strong and worth the money & wait. Also been in the process for the past almost yr workin on a FLM build for my buddy's savvy. Got his all torn down and somewhat cleaned and that's as far as I got. Waitin til the temps go down to finish it. It's not fun workin on the truck in a 95 plus degree garage. Keep us posted with the updates.

Thanks for the reply , It will be fun time building the two up and even better time putting them to the test , I'll be putting the X in the FLM build and the IRC build will be from scratch , hoping to get the LRP's ordered up in the next few weeks and ordering the IRC tonight if there in stock , I'mallso looking forward to testing the HPI 10mm heat sink engine plate out , here's where I'm at on the XL
View attachment 4171View attachment 4172
little by little it come's to life

Thanks Bro , I'm have problem's making my order from IRC , won't let me make final payment then when I check my account the oreder is there but it said
Preparing [PayPal IPN]
any idea's or tips on ordering from IRC

Thanks Bro , I'm have problem's making my order from IRC , won't let me make final payment then when I check my account the oreder is there but it said
Preparing [PayPal IPN]
any idea's or tips on ordering from IRC

I talk with Rob and paid for the order manuly through paypal and said he'll look into the payment prob on his site , I ordered up a Ultra Heavy Duty Dogbone 83mm ,
Exstended 1inch rear & 6mm Front Package & Dog bone 4mm and stearing Linkage for now I'll pick up the mid tank mod kit when its in stock , Cool Dude to go out of his way to hook me up

Got a little more done on the XL , take a look at the HPI 10mm engine plate there is no support brace it is thick and heavy but I'm hoping it will hold up a while , I did this teardown just in time I found three bearings about to go bad one in the tranny one on a diff and one wheel bearing
View attachment 4173View attachment 4174View attachment 4175

I'm starting to round out my 17mm hex wheel's , would like to know what is the best 23mm up grade , so far I rounded out a proline desperrado 17mm and a Axial 8 Spoke 40 Wheel 17mm

thanks for your help

I'm starting to round out my 17mm hex wheel's , would like to know what is the best 23mm up grade , so far I rounded out a proline desperrado 17mm and a Axial 8 Spoke 40 Wheel 17mm

thanks for your help
Decided to try the HPI Nitro SAVAGE 21 25 SS or 4.6 Hub Hex Conversion Set 17mm Svg HPI87229 and may be some SPI wheel's

What I do to my stock 17mm hexes is buy a new set of hexes for every set of rims you have and glue them into the rims with ca glue. Works on rounded out rims to set the hex into the rim find some ash and pack it in around the hex then add glue.

What I do to my stock 17mm hexes is buy a new set of hexes for every set of rims you have and glue them into the rims with ca glue. Works on rounded out rims to set the hex into the rim find some ash and pack it in around the hex then add glue.

Good Idea Thanks , I'll give it a try

let me add to what was said above. Always keep the wheel nut tight. I have never had a 17 mm hub fail or take out the rim that was not the result of a loose nut. I did run 23's for a while but there was truly no need for them on these models.

GL and keep up the good work

let me add to what was said above. Always keep the wheel nut tight. I have never had a 17 mm hub fail or take out the rim that was not the result of a loose nut. I did run 23's for a while but there was truly no need for them on these models.

GL and keep up the good work

Thanks for the info ,after the first wheel striped out I tightin them very tight even striped one lug having it so tight and lots of lock tight :lmao4:

gona try the glue Idea being I have 3 or 4 extra set 17mm hub's , I'm still gona use this stripping problem to justify buying a set of SPI bashing wheels :lmao4:
, I'll let you no how it turns out , working 7 days a week so mit be a while

Thanks for the info ,after the first wheel striped out I tightin them very tight even striped one lug having it so tight and lots of lock tight :lmao4:

gona try the glue Idea being I have 3 or 4 extra set 17mm hub's , I'm still gona use this stripping problem to justify buying a set of SPI bashing wheels :lmao4:
, I'll let you no how it turns out , working 7 days a week so mit be a while
I feel yea ... Over tight is an issue also. HPI rims crack at the corners. Best bash wheel I found was proline dish.

Hpi86393
HBS67804
AKA34002

Today my rcplanet order came
X1 LRP.32 for the FLM mid tank build
X2 Golden Horizons Alum Throttle Mix Arm Set one for the FLM one for the IRC
X3 HPI Aluminum Differential Case Washer 0.7mm for the Vorza diff mod
X1 Integy Billet Mach 7075 Clutch Conv Savage XL ,holding up great in my XL.32
X1 Ofna Fuel Tank 1/7 Scale for the IRC build
and another LRP.32 on the way for the IRC build

View attachment 4183View attachment 4184View attachment 4185

Whats the trick to making them bigger , I have them set at 1000x750 but when I load them here they get smaller

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back