Premium members don't see ads. Clickhereto upgrade.

My two savage rebuilds

Azsuveyor

This is the full conversion write up. Like I said mine was as budget friendly as possible. So I kinda picked and chose the parts.

RobertDonkers

I did a check and the integy setup is sold out everywhere. I spent too much to go half way though, looking at the alza stuff.

RobertDonkers

Can't get it on the Canada Amazon - can get them for many other kits but not the savage. I think if I convert I will do HPI/Alza combination. I did learn from that site that trophy truggy hubs will work on a savage and ordered some.

olds97_lss

Can't get it on the Canada Amazon - can get them for many other kits but not the savage. I think if I convert I will do HPI/Alza combination. I did learn from that site that trophy truggy hubs will work on a savage and ordered some.
I use the extended HPI shafts and modified some cheapo's off ebay for both my X and FluxHP.

I did it out of desperation as I snapped the end off one of my axles using the HPI hubs with the weird nuts. I had these in my parts as they came mounted on the truck (I bought the truck used) using the stock pin location and they were awful like that as most of the hub was just flopping around off the end of the axle. After cutting them down and drilling new holes, the majority of the hub is on the large part of the shaft and is very solid.

On the unbroken axles, I had to drill a hole in the caps so it could stick out:

I got a second set and did the same on my X, figured for $10, it was worth it to do away with the weird nuts:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Set-17mm-Wheel-Hex-Hub-Extension-Adapter-30mm-Aluminum-For-1-8-HSP-RC-Car-US/401295876466

RobertDonkers

I should update the title of the thread, just picked up this X and a partial transmission and .21 plates for 150 CAD from a friend. It has a ton of pinch and is pretty fresh despite the dirt on it. Considering the age of the truck I am surprised if the engines condition, especially the unscratched head.

Attachments

kdogg1966

I just got new suspension parts on my x, thanks to new parts showing up on e-bay, was able to replace everything from the diffs out. its nice having parts for my savage again, n yea its got a new nitro mill just like my savage 21. nice to have hpi parts again!

RobertDonkers

Its good that HPI is rolling again. My painting is almost caught up, I expect to be back at it in two weeks. Post a photo.

RobertDonkers

I hope there is a resurgence, maybe HPI being back will get people interested in their Savages again. I needed a break, am ready to go again. I bought another savage...sort of, had a few good auctions and likely have another one that can be built. Stopping at 4.

Skye Kaptain

I hope there is a resurgence, maybe HPI being back will get people interested in their Savages again. I needed a break, am ready to go again. I bought another savage...sort of, had a few good auctions and likely have another one that can be built. Stopping at 4.
Lol 4 savages,I'm at 2

Skye Kaptain

If I keep blowing diffs in my outcast... my savage flux hp may be one of my primaries next year now that parts are readily available.
Got to land with that finger off the throttle😁,as many times as ive landed nose first on the trigger,its a wonder i haven't blown the fronts on my outcast.

olds97_lss

Got to land with that finger off the throttle😁,as many times as ive landed nose first on the trigger,its a wonder i haven't blown the fronts on my outcast.
I don't. Trust me. Before the outcast, I had been running a brushless revo on 4S which has 1/10th scale diffs and plastic axles but weights just a little less than the outcast. I never blew a diff in it. I'm on my 6th or 7th diff in the outcast in a bit over a year. I ran the outcast on 4S for 7 months, that cost 3 diffs. :(