most dissapointing hop ups ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSCF1290.jpg

Proof enuff....those are alll HD's cept for 1 stocker

Dual Disc Brakes

Here is my 2 cents on the HPI Dual Disc Brake... I was leary of trying it as I did read the negative reviews.... such as the brakes locking up. I gave them a shot and they are working fine for me. I did not even install the little springs that some use to keep them from binding up. The stock brake worked fine but I rounded out the hex hole. I don't think I will be able to that with the steel dics (LOL). I am not experiencing lockups unless I apply full brake, which will lift the rear wheels off the ground. The dual discs are working perfectly for me. Have A Great Day Everyone !

My hd drive cups wore out quicker then stock(the ones on the tranny)
the dog-bones show no sing of wear tho,after like 5 gallons, I have bent a couple but not snapped any

Id have to say the worst for me was the Venom Failsafe it worked good for a few runs then started putting on the brakes for no reason and even with the truck 5ft in front of me i couldnt get it to go. i tried changing the batteries to see if the problem was cause of loss of signal but didnt do anything. The truck ran perfecly fine once i took it out

Last edited by a moderator:
Id have to say the worst for me was the Venom Failsafe it worked good for a few runs then started putting on the brakes for no reason and even with the truck 5ft in front of me i couldnt get it to go. i tried changing the batteries to see if the problem was cause of loss of signal but didnt do anything. The truck ran perfecly fine once i took it out

I just picked up a Venom fail safe at the recomendation of the HS guy. ALso got the Ofna micro for a another truck. I have heard aproval and dissapointments about both of them.

Just about anything that says Integy on it is a disappointment

The HPI dual disk brakes work well for me, but I don't use the brakes very much LOL
Amen to that, bro. Except, the MSR-8 Shocks. (and that's only if you plan on taking the time and responsibillity to get the proper hardware to mount them properly).

junk

the worst for me to date is the aluminum steering upgrade tryed with and without the servo saver total garbage no matter who makes em

the dual ss brakes are horrible as well eat em like candy

but these new big bore shocks kik butt!!!!!

The integy piggy back shocks I have one that is slightly bent and hanging up the front end right now. Aluminum skid plates front and rear I spent most of the time bending them back out from the body so I went back to plastic. The rear exhaust that didn't fit the X. And the stainless roll cage doesn't take landing upside down to well but I am going to take it to work and mod it.

Most disappointing hop up: My wallet, never having enough...

HCR - Hard Core Racing. As long as you didn't bump into anything you were fine. The cost was very expensive. Crzy knows all about HCR.

Let's see.....
1. Integy tank guard, broke during a very mild, and I mean mild roll over. Body on!.....garbage.

2. Integy adjustable upper A-arms. Was letting my buddy drive(he's the better driver). It was really wet grass we were on....anyway, he was pulling a high speed drift under the bleachers...it was a magical moment.....then coming out of the drift... WHAMM into the leg of the bleacher with the A-arms, left side. Cost us a bulkhead, shock tower, upper hinge pin, two shock shafts, one blue spring, a set of arms, and both braces. Integy sucks rocks.

If it had been made of plastic, I would have saved me More than 60% of the cost of that carnage.

3. Hate to do this but.......HPI Racing Stainless steel dual disk brake set...how do you keep the pads from coming off? Answer: You don't. I don't know about you guys, I sanded one side of each caliper, cleaned properly glued the pad on with CA, clamped, let set for 24h. Have good breaking for about the first five minutes, really impressed. Then? Nothing. Not to mention that the screws that came with it just won't stay where you set them, and I tried everything.

4. Any hobby store that sells junk products, fuel etc. You'd think they'd throw a newb a tip or two. NO, they just sit at the till and smile.

Peace.

the worst for me to date is the aluminum steering upgrade tryed with and without the servo saver total garbage no matter who makes em

the dual ss brakes are horrible as well eat em like candy

but these new big bore shocks kik butt!!!!!

thank you, that was my next part good to know

rep ya

I would have to say the worst upgrade I ever did was the GPM alloy steering unit. I could never get it to fit in my truck right.:stickspank:

my most regretted upgrades were the integy aluminum clutch shoes(they lasted 4 tanks!!!!! IT SUCKED) and the hpi aluminum duel disks they worked great till i went to replace the brake shoes and the disks were warped. but everything else that ive dropped into my truck has worked pretty well except for operator errors have ruined some things on my truck

I don't like to bash mfg but, everyone else did. lol

INTEGY tie rods, the ball joints became incredidble loose in the first gallon

+2 on the RC Screwz. Have spent a lot of time, and cutting up my hand, to get these things drilled out. Hmm maybe I should use my pit gloves I have in the tool box. just might prevent me from slicing up my hands.

Hitec 645MG servo. Highly touted by many for its' function and price.

Turned out to be the slowest servo I've ever owned. Shame on me for not looking closely at the specs though. :duh:

For me it's been the RC Screws screw set. The quality wasnt there and I ended up throwing it in the garbage. I guess that really it, usually I do my research before buying upgrades, the one time I didn't it ended up screwing me, I have learned my lesson.

The worst "upgrade" I have ever purchased would have to be the FullforceRC bearing kit. After a stock differential side bearing finally let go after 12 gallons of hard bashing, I purchased this kit for about 30 bucks, and replaced all of the bearings in the truck. After 1.5 gallons of fuel, I had blown 3 differential bearings, and the wheel bearings all had noticeable slop and inconsistent rotational friction. Switched back to HPI bearings, and haven't lost one since.

RD Logics dual exhaust, absolute crap, at least the one I got, nothing lined up right, the dual tailpipes werent even close to being level with each other. It fit so bad that the whole reason I got it, besides looking to cool, was to keep the exhaust off the side of the truck and it leaked all over everything.

Axial Beadlocks. They are not built for bashing. Crawling and shelf-queen, OK. I read alot of people don't like the dual disk brakes. I wonder why, they are awesome, yeah, I had to replace the discs and pads, but I can make my savvy flip front-end over if I brake hard enough. They STOP the big *** truck.

Latest posts

Members online

Back