most dissapointing hop ups ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The worst "upgrade" I have ever purchased would have to be the FullforceRC bearing kit. After a stock differential side bearing finally let go after 12 gallons of hard bashing, I purchased this kit for about 30 bucks, and replaced all of the bearings in the truck. After 1.5 gallons of fuel, I had blown 3 differential bearings, and the wheel bearings all had noticeable slop and inconsistent rotational friction. Switched back to HPI bearings, and haven't lost one since.

thats what you get for spending 30$ on a set of bearings. either get HPI bearings, or BOCA bearings...i haven't had a problem witht he HPI bearings i put in my savvy. i put traxxas bearings on the cb cus the lhs was out of hpi ones, and they fried with the ofna alu shoes.

so to add to the list, OFNA aluminum shoes.
HPI polished pipe on a LRP engine (works wonders to a HPI engine)
RC Screwz SS Kit

and for my buck, the Mid tank conversion. i liked doing wheelies, and i figured with a new engine and the right gearing it would still do them, and i am running 14/49 and it wont wheelie anymore.

I have to beg to differ on the OFNA Alu shoes. I have 5 sets of there shoes and all have held up very well. I also have had numerous problems with the HPI bearings. But everyone has things last differently and wear out at different times.

i blew up a set of ofna shoes in less than 3 tanks. didnt get hot, was shimmed right, free spinning cb. just broke the ends right off.

Really I have atleast 5 gallons on one set and probably atleast 1-2 on all the others except for one set which maybe has a 1/2 gallon on them. They all still look fairly new. Which springs did you use? they make a few differeny weighted ones as well, one is blue and one is purple.

I think the 3Racing graghite brake disc was the most disapointing for me.......and the most disasterous. When I hit the brakes it just kept on rollin....until it got wedged under a huge metal gate !......I still have nightmares about that now ! :hardlaugh:

Integy skid plates total junk bent every time, Integy MSR5 shocks bent hitting grass blades JUNK!!!! Only integy part I still use is the 6mm chassis they installed terribly and were a SOB to get right but now there okay and rock solid Downfall HEAVY!!!

id have to say the aluminum lower arms when i first bouhgt the savy they broke at least four sets of bulkheads the first couple of weeks. off they went and on with the rpms, no probs since. hot bodies shocks ive ran for the past couple years(had to get my money out of them)lol. stainless steel skids man what a joke they seem to add a couple pounds to the truck and sound awfull hitting the ground!!!!!

Great Vigor Clutch bearings - all the LHS had so i just got them i ran one takn through them and they just disintagrated

Proline 23mm HEX - They have done kinda well but i pulled one of them of today and the pin has been moving inside and chewed it out. There was one person that said that if you call or something they will send out new ones if you could post that phone number or email addy that would be great

Way to fix your HPI X SS metal disk brakes - remove the pad completely so its metal pads onto the metal disk and they now work great for me

Not done any real hop-ups to mine yet except for the X-type radio box with the charge piont fitted. Will be fiting the led battery light soon.

I had a set of the Proline 23mm hex on my old Revo, couldn't get them off at all!!

The twin disc brake kit... which one? the glass fibre one or the s/steel one?

RC Screwz... I have fitted a set to my Tamiya F350 HL, had them on for about a year, not had a single issue with them at all.

My S25 has had the rear hub carriers replaced with a set of (I think) Integy alloy ones. Again no problems with them yet.

Oh yes the RB innovations supercharger. Not so much that it doesn't work but more that the impeller inside the supercharger exploded into my carb and then well you know where that ended up yes inside the combustion chamber. Bad oh yea very bad!!!! JUNK!!!!! DO NOT BUY -10 not a plus. You can tune one of these but don't waste your time or money its just not worth it.

A T-MAXX is no upgrade at all.. it is a downgrade of mud
this is no joke , i sent my father in law to hobby shop to get his first mt, a 4.6 to be exact, anyway he got there and and was talked into buying a t-maxx, sales person said it was a much better buy, we went back that sat and swapped it for the savvy, had a debate with the sales person, come to find out he had never driven a mt, he was into aircraft, :duh:... go figure.
anyway. worst hop-up was the venom fail safe, pure crap!!!!!!!!

Man i got a pair of Integy body mouints an that was a wast.Went back to the stock1 the hold up alot better if u drive your truck hard.I will never buy anything Integy agean

Hmmm for my Savy... I really haven't got anything i was disappointed with.
My Hellfire.. Intergy piggyback shocks, they couldn't take a jump for nothing...
The MT2... GPM shocks.... they kept breaking.

anything integy always bends whenever i use it so i just go stock or if possible rpm upgrades

steal spur gear. they cost more money then there worth, got to buy the spur then you have to buy another $15 cb just so u can use it.

I'm not going to drop the name of the company but CF toe links. They are strong, look great, and all else. But, the cement/ glue used on them does not hold.

That and a New Era Wing mount. One wheelie and it tore right off. LOL!

not a hop-up but definetly on the trash-list:
anything thats is Tamiya.....their plastic is trash too. My clod axles , hubs, carriers, etc crack or break by stitting on em'

almost as bad as TRX plastic man!

I would have to say mine would have to be intgey msr5 shocks..There would be a shaft that would been everytime i took my savy out..

Originally Posted by HPI_Savage_RC
The worst "upgrade" I have ever purchased would have to be the FullforceRC bearing kit. After a stock differential side bearing finally let go after 12 gallons of hard bashing, I purchased this kit for about 30 bucks, and replaced all of the bearings in the truck. After 1.5 gallons of fuel, I had blown 3 differential bearings, and the wheel bearings all had noticeable slop and inconsistent rotational friction. Switched back to HPI bearings, and haven't lost one since.

To this day i still use my stock S25 ballbearings cuz you can rebuild them by simply popping the shield off carefully prying with a hobby knife, clean em up real good with WD40 and repack em with All-purpose auto grease. Works like a daaaayuuuum! lol

RB Inovations Supergarbage....hehe!
better off buying a new engine and get real power (or) in the least port & polish your existing engine and get the same results as this POS S/C kit.

Steel spurgears: If you mesh right, Youll NEVER need this POS either. heheh

Venom Failsafe: I still run this thing since day1 a long, long time ago in a galaxy far far away. hahah!
works GreaT!!

my .02

INTEGY tie rods, fell apart after 2 tanks of fuel(mabe after 1 tank but did not notice!!) ,INTEGY tank guard lasted 1 tank of fuel the guard cracked right in half. INTEGY air cleaner, aluminum on aluminum with no seal (should have known)blew up picco .26 after 5 min. even slopped out the con rod! damn dust!! INTEGY shocks have 3 sets pieces of S#@T (I'm a slow learner!) Just bought big bores!!!! please be as strong as people say!!money man

Just about anything that says Integy on it is a disappointment

The HPI dual disk brakes work well for me, but I don't use the brakes very much LOL

Yeah i hear ya, bought the Integy aluminuim wheelie bar lasted 2 runs, and I'm just getting into the sport of spending money, this is a great forum, it is nice to learn from someone elses unfortunate mistakes, ty guys and i feel your pain in the wallet as well.

my integy wheelie bar has been the most dissapointing as it isnt even useful as its to short really to make a difference and it bent first wheelie...

my integy wheelie bar has been the most dissapointing as it isnt even useful as its to short really to make a difference and it bent first wheelie...

try the mdf spurrs. great bar

Latest posts

Members online

Back