LRP Breakin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My problem is abit different.After going WOT my idle settles down if i blip it again and then about 2 sec. later it starts racing again and if i let idle that way without shutting it off it never comes back down again.Thanks Bank for that idea,i might try that!!!

I don't know if this has to do with your problem, but before I installed my LRP last week I noticed the carb didn't want to stay closed, like the rubber boot was pushing the slide out. I grabbed the return spring off my F4.6 and tweaked it to fit...that was the only way to make sure it returned against the idle screw. So far, it idles just like it should.

Is there a chance that your buggy's linkage was holding the carb closed better than your Savage's linkage was? I realize this might be an outside shot, but I'm sure my LRP wouldn't be idling right if I hadn't done this.

Mine is running good, all the way..
And the Judge is right, the same with my LRP too.

A other thing ,how much idle gap do you have? sounds like a false idle problem. try closing your idle gap down to a little over half of what is there, then if nessesary lean the lsn about a 1/2 to 3/4's. what might be happening is the idle is actually too high and you have a too rich lsn, which will bring the rpm's down while loading up the engine with fuel. then you end up over leaning the high to compensate for the slight bog. this will get your temps up as well.

Hey guys its me again.
I ran it today again and same thing (Racing idle).
Its coming to the point where i tried so much to fix it that i find myself doing the same things over again.I have just about a perfect tune(a nice trail of smoke,crisp throttle response,temps stay around 230-250)and still didn't make it better.The only time the temps go shootin up is when its at idle.I tried the pinch test again and the lsn is dailed in perfect.My next step is either get a new pipe or a new mill.
Thanks again guys for trying to help me through this problem!!!! Your thoughts and ideas are very much appreciated!!!!

I might have missed it but did you contact Lrp?
Talk to them tell them you wanna send your engine in to have looked at .. It's worth a try

Yey i did send it back a while ago.All they replaced was the needles and got it back with the same problem.This got me confused so bad that i'm starting to get sleepness nights!!!!!

Anyone in your area to help you? If you were close I'd tune it for you. I think its time to someone with some exp with that engine take a fresh crack at it.

I know i was thinking about taking it down to our LHS and let them tune it.Just got my THS pipe today so i'll run it tomorrow once and see if it makes a difference.Also what i'll do is set the needles back to factory settings and go from there.

What are the factory needle settings for the LRP.Does 3.75 turns from the closed position sound right.

Yeehaaaah,Got some great news for you guys.Just got back from runnin my truck and the problem is solved.Ever since i got my THS pipe my truck hasn't been the same.It idles real nice now and the temps stay around 220-240 which is very good.
I just want to say thanks again to all you guys for your patience and help you gave me!!!!!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

It sure hated my pipe.I think it also was the crap coupler that HPI uses for that pipe.The one piece design seals so much better.
Boy,do i ever like my engine now.It just has an insane amount of power.
BTW,I'll post some pics of my truck and mid-tank in the near future.

Latest posts

Members online

Back