Lrp .32 spec 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just installed the lrp 360° back plate. I'm wanting to use the hpi roto start 2 that worked with my .28 My question is now, is the hpi going to turn the right way? From the looks of things the hpi roto start 2 is going to spin the wrong way. I do have a drill but I don't want to lug that big ass thing around. Edit: It seems like the hpi roto start doesn't have enough balls to turn the .32 over. What are my options? I don't really want to buy the lrp one and have the same issues.

Last edited:
Hi guys
Just wanna say thanks for all your help, i have mine up and running tried uploading a video but having difficulty.

once your vid loads on youtube then copy and paste the vid here.......

I just installed the lrp 360° back plate. I'm wanting to use the hpi roto start 2 that worked with my .28 My question is now, is the hpi going to turn the right way? From the looks of things the hpi roto start 2 is going to spin the wrong way. I do have a drill but I don't want to lug that big ass thing around. Edit: It seems like the hpi roto start doesn't have enough balls to turn the .32 over. What are my options? I don't really want to buy the lrp one and have the same issues.

Sorry, I don't know. Will it work if you flip the battery contacts? Probably fry the electronics... perhaps you can take it apart and just flip the wires on the motor itself so it runs backwards. Can't imagine that would be too hard unless the roto doesn't come apart. I have one in a drawer that came with my X when I bought it used. I only used it a couple times before ditching the worn out engine and putting in a pullstart LRP.

After messing with it and with the plug out it still wouldn't turn over. Found that the back plate can't be fully tightened down about 1/2 turn loose and she turns over. Now if it would quit raining I can finally get to run it before it gets to cold.

Hi
How r u all.
Anyway running my rig and having fun then suddenly it stops moving engine revs but not going anywhere so i had a closer look and my spur gear is all messed up like half of the teeth have been cut off. Any ideas why? I have replacement spur with 47/49 teeth which one shall i put on please. Can any say why i damaged my spur please.
Thank you 1477957949771457305201.jpg

Plastic spurs are known to overheat and cause just this problem.... get a Robinson Racing spur and bell and never look back.....

Hi
......my spur gear is all messed up like half of the teeth have been cut off. Any ideas why? Can any say why i damaged my spur please.

either your mesh was too tight or too loose

-OR-

the screws that hold your motor-mount came loose which threw off your mesh & or alignment between clutch bell and spur.

are you using Loctite on your engine mount screws?

either your mesh was too tight or too loose

-OR-

the screws that hold your motor-mount came loose which threw off your mesh & or alignment between clutch bell and spur.

are you using Loctite on your engine mount screws?
Yes have used loctite.
I think the meshing was loose. Have sorted it will let you know how it goes.

Latest posts

Members online

Back