LRP.30 or .32 for my Savage X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nev23

Looking to upgrade my 2 speed 4.6 x with an LRP engine.

Would people recommend the .32 over the .30? Is the .32 too much power, most I have seen are fitted to 5.9 XL’s.

You can’t find the .30 anymore. That was a great engine but you can find the .32 with a pull start for around $200. Good bang for the buck! Would work great in any truck

You can’t find the .30 anymore. That was a great engine but you can find the .32 with a pull start for around $200. Good bang for the buck! Would work great in any truck

Thanks buddy, over here (UK) you can still get both the .30 (spec4) and the .32 (spec4). Both are similar priced so which would one do you think would be best to replace the standard 4.6 in my Savage X?

I've used several LRP 28 spec 3 in Savages and they were plenty powerfull. I don't think you will get any more top speed put of a 30 or 32, just a bit more low down torque. The 28 spec 3 was more than adequate, even with bigger, heavier tyres. You will get through your fuel quicker with a 30 or 32. Getting the biggest capacity isnt always the best.

I can vouch for the fuel consumption on a .32. I kept thinking I was running too rich but after tuning it for a bit, it just uses a lot of fuel. Substantially more than the 5.9. Of course the performance way better also.

I can vouch for the LRP .30. I have it on a JP-3 pipe and it rips. I’m actually kinda salty I can’t get another .30 in the states. I hope they put out more .32’s at least.
I’ve a TNS modded lrp30 in an savage xl,
? ?

Unfortunately I just got my brand new lrp zr.32x and it wont even turn over....piston gets stuck halfway up the cylinder....deffinatly not what I was expecting after paying $295,

Unfortunately I just got my brand new lrp zr.32x and it wont even turn over....piston gets stuck halfway up the cylinder....deffinatly not what I was expecting after paying $295,
I’m assuming you’ve tried this without the glow plug installed?

Have you tried pre-heating the engine up to operating temp before attempting to start it? LRPs have been notorious for tight pinch when new. Just hit it with a hair dryer for several minutes.

No I haven't tried that yet but I will once I'm done work today.

Maybe worth loosing g/plug slightly & when started tighten back up!
I don’t think you can beat an engine warmer, certainly when breaking in new engines! ??

The LRP ZR 30 is a beast of a motor, especially if ERCM modded it ! I've had one stashed away for a couple years just getting ready to break it in , along with one of ERCMs pipes!

It’s just a tight factory pinch is all. Heat it like said above and fire it up! Tight pinch is a good thing haha! Nothing wrong with the motor

Hi, had a lot of hassle with it in beginning but think that was mainly due to me not running it in properly, was thinking of trying the .36 size engine!

Latest posts

Members online

Back