Premium members don't see ads. Clickhereto upgrade.

LRP.30 or .32 for my Savage X

Nev23

Looking to upgrade my 2 speed 4.6 x with an LRP engine.

Would people recommend the .32 over the .30? Is the .32 too much power, most I have seen are fitted to 5.9 XL’s.

Seanthemechanic

You can’t find the .30 anymore. That was a great engine but you can find the .32 with a pull start for around $200. Good bang for the buck! Would work great in any truck

Nev23

You can’t find the .30 anymore. That was a great engine but you can find the .32 with a pull start for around $200. Good bang for the buck! Would work great in any truck
Thanks buddy, over here (UK) you can still get both the .30 (spec4) and the .32 (spec4). Both are similar priced so which would one do you think would be best to replace the standard 4.6 in my Savage X?

jssouthtx

lokky

I've used several LRP 28 spec 3 in Savages and they were plenty powerfull. I don't think you will get any more top speed put of a 30 or 32, just a bit more low down torque. The 28 spec 3 was more than adequate, even with bigger, heavier tyres. You will get through your fuel quicker with a 30 or 32. Getting the biggest capacity isnt always the best.

jssouthtx

I can vouch for the fuel consumption on a .32. I kept thinking I was running too rich but after tuning it for a bit, it just uses a lot of fuel. Substantially more than the 5.9. Of course the performance way better also.