losi lst .28 help with exhaust pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anyone know if the novarossi legend 28-8 port engine is a direct fit drop in for the LST? or am i gonna have to do motor mount mods and stuff? also will they flywheel and stuff line right up and go on with any issues? thanks guys.really looking forward to this nava/rex engine. the big red engine was great and has alot of power but i really want the best for my LST since i like it so much

also are thoes novarossi legend engines easy to tune and break in like an os or SH engine? or are they a real pain in the ass and finiky and have to really zoom into the sweet spot? any info will be super awsome on these italian stalians

To be perfectly honest the :ercm: you had in it was plenty sufficient, putting in a race engine for bashing is like strapping a Ferrari :ercm into a VW bug...

and engine will break in when it is ready to and trying to hurry through will most likely damage the :ercm: so my advice is stay rich the first gallon and the :ercm: will tell you when it is ready for final tuning.......

Just skimming through this thread, figured I'd throw in my nickles worth of info from when I had an aftershock.

The stock LST2 or aftershock wheels/tires are power robbing fiends. Ridiculously so. They also make it handle like a fat hog.

I had done many many upgrades and changes to mine. It was one of the few trucks I ever bought brand new and paid retail, just because I wanted one. One of my first changes was ditching the stock wheels/tires in favor of something smaller/lighter. I ended up running revo 17mm 3.8" talons on it. If I had it now, I'd probably run traxxas 3.8 geode's with t-maxx 3.3 tires or chevrons on it. Those work really well for the bashing I do.

I tried muggy (losi's cheap "stadium" truck) tires/wheels, which were also losi's 420 sized because a buddy of mine loved them. Even those made it feel like I was driving around with a sack of potato's on it.

I did the trans gear flip mod (aftershock didn't have reverse), upgraded the 2-speed mechanism to LST* spec (aftershock's 2-speed was a joke) and ran +2 pinions from RC Monster. I also ran the losi HT pipe on an LRP28S3. That was pretty much all I did for "speed".

As for durability, I stuck with stock cvd's on all 4 corners, but did upgrade the arms to RPM (with lunsford upper turnbuckles in the arms) as well as a set of RC Raven progressive springs. I also changed the normal turnbuckles to lunsford, broke a lot of the stockers. One time I busted a turnbuckle in the front, it let the wheel pivot so much that it snapped my cvd.

Between the stock Losi M26SS motor and the LRP28's I put on it, I probably ran 15+ gallons through that rig over it's life. My long running issue was the 2-speed. The shoes would wear and the hub would wear, then the two speed shoe pucks would hop the flat spot on the hub and jam it up. Would be lucky to get a gallon or two out of it before having to replace the hub and shoes. Can't imagine how bad it would have been with the stock wheels/tires.

Here's an old video of ours that had quite a few shots of it hitting the ramps and getting up to speed, it was the lighter blue rig going right to left @1m6s

Latest posts

Members online

Back