Larsenracing's Platinumrcproducts CF FLUX XL Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received the ESC this morning. Not it's to finish the build process which is very close since these pictures were uploading. Anywhere here are some of the shots that you have been waiting for including the battery's and ESC. Now I just gatta get myself a set of 3s or go to 5s.

I also need to get the RSC's that my wife is making me hold out on. Soon though, they may just show up, lol.

IMG_3129.jpg

IMG_3130.jpg

IMG_3131.jpg

IMG_3132.jpg

IMG_3133.jpg

IMG_3134.jpg

IMG_3135.jpg

Let me hear your comments.

Stop Copying Bank!!

LoL Jason, j/j that flux is tight, i love it.

btw- i POUNDED my Low-profile towers yesterday (and bank did x10) and they held up KILLER!!! :jamout:

cant wait to see what kind of a body you come up with.

The truck completely ready to with wing and all but no body, no batterys and no tires is at 8.92Lbs. Stock was like 9.8Lbs. So some pretty good weight savings with gaining the extra 2.2" in length.

Alright, it's together and has about 15-20 min of driving. I still need to shorten the wires on the motor and place them better but otherwise it's pretty good. Also need to get some 3s packs or something. So here are some finished pictures. I have no video as my RC cam's dead and waiting on a new charger so these picts taken from my XSI DSLR.
FLUXXL001.jpg

FLUXXL003.jpg

FLUXXL004.jpg

FLUXXL005.jpg

FLUXXL006.jpg

FLUXXL007.jpg

thats got pretty written all over it. i agree with the other question tho, why no CF shock towers? looks amazing buddy! i cant wait to redo my flux with CF some day.

Well I just ordered the HPI Sway Bar kit #102538 for this beast. Still haven't gotten the wife to let me spend the $130 for the RSC's yet but they will come. Hopefully sooner than later.

Well hopefully the HPI Sway Bar kit shows up soon to correct the truck from pulling to one side or the other under hard pulls, otherwise i'll have to go stiffer oil in the rear for sure. Anyway here's some video's with some carnage from tonight. This is after 45min of run time a cool down then this, on my SMC 2s 9000mah packs. Running HPI Phaltline tires which spin like crazy. Should put the stock tires or something else on and show the real torque of this beast.

And then:

IMG_4150.jpg

Thats awsome, i love when parts start rolling towards me, as i stare their thinking... wtf... then kinda happy, then like thinking man i hope the wife didnt see that.. or now i have to search for my debt card

Looking gd!!! how the hell did that happen??? i want to avoid that... I lost my wheel nut yesterday when my wheel came off... So happy i didnt round my wheel!

Travis, I did fine another axle, thanks though.

What happened is that when it was doing the donut the Curb is heaved a little bit and when the truck was coming around it smoked that ledge and busted the axle.

I'm glad it didn't hurt the wheel at all.

Well got the HPI Sway bar kit and installed it. Here are some of the pictures. They sure make it much stiffer with much less roll than before. Gatta get the Drive Cup and i'll get some video not that you will see the difference but it helps. I did install the standard length FLUX axle so I could drive it for a few minuets today.
IMG_4151.jpg

IMG_4152.jpg

IMG_4153.jpg

LMK if that sway makes a huge difference.

I also want to attest to the strength of your carbon. I had my first ever major head on with your stuff. WOT doing a easy 60 MPH + dead stop into a dodge durango. All I hurt was a bumper support and the body! All else lived and is 100% I could not believe it. I have beat my nitro CF for a long time w/o issues but never made a noob move with it like this! A1 Jason .... Thanks

Jay I suggest getting the flux axles in that and using 1/2 offset rims. Them XL axles are just a headache for doing just that .... Snap!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya if I get sick of them I have the standard FLUX ones that came with it but wanted the extra width. I guess time will tell.

So far from what I have seen the Sways make a great difference. I am using the Thicker bars as well. I would say they are worth the $22 shipped easily.

O ya and thanks for the great comments. I figured you would never have an issue this CF is top notch and string as H E double Hockey stocks.

Well got some time to run it again today. I had it out the other day and finished the charge off on the battery's. For a total run time of 45min on the first charge with a cut off at 3.2/cell and lots of high speed runs.

I also decided to throw the stock wheels back on so it will get better traction. So I did so and decided to punch holes to stick the stock body on the XL length TVP's because there would have been massive tire run on the slash body. Anyhow heres a pict of it and a short video of a little fun and some proof of how easy it is to still to back flips on XL with 2cell's.

IMG_4163.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back