Larsenracing's Platinumrcproducts CF FLUX XL Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larsenracing

Manufacturer
Alright guys, as some know I have sold a few trucks to fund a new project. Well my project is going to be a FLUX which will be converted to XL length. The truck is not actually purchased yet but will be hopefully by the end of the week. I will be getting the 2.4ghz version but replacing the Radio to my Futaba 3PM 2.4ghz because of all the better features.

It may be a bad thing that I have purchased parts already for this build and have lots of ideas that will go into this truck. Some parts need to be purchased but will come with a later date as funds are available.

Lets start with some ideas:
-All purple anodizing will be removed.
-PRC parts this will get are PRC205, PRC207, PRC154, PRC184, Custom PRC194, Custom PRC202 and who know's what else.
-Traxxas's Carbon Fiber wing 5446G
-Proline Desert Rat Slash Body 3284-00
-Integy Rear Hub Carriers

Things ordered and on there way:
-Mamba Motor Cooling Fan
-Traxxas 5626 ESC mount

Things I got already:
-Castle Link
-and
Firstparts.jpg

The starting packs will be there which I have had for a little while but have little runs on them. I will then switch to either 5s or 6s.
Savage001.jpg

Alright I can't think of anymore but will have more updates soon.

Very cool Larsen, nice to see the manufacture making his very own build. sounds like its gonna be a very nice truck. lotsa pics please :)

I hope I beat you now.. i'm almost together. btw don't extend the rear plate anymore... wont work now that I have it in

suscribed... Nice1 Larson... Some nice carbon parts going on there! With all those carbon parts... Maybe RSC for the list? or truggy a arm conversion? Actually... what are your intentions with this carbon beauty?
Think you are going to run the stock motor?

My next truck is definitely going to include some PRC Parts!

Sweet Jason, looks like your off to a good start.

The starting packs will be there which I have had for a little while but have little runs on them. I will then switch to either 5s or 6s.

idk man, if i had 40c SMC packs i might just drop in the 39t idler gear like Hype did, up the LVC a hair & watch temps.

on paper he's over 50 mph (all for a $10.00 gear)

idk man, if i had 40c SMC packs i might just drop in the 39t idler gear like Hype did, up the LVC a hair & watch temps.

6qxk4z.jpg

Nice looking build your gonna have going jason.. That idler gear does make a hell of a difference.

Sweet Jason, looks like your off to a good start.

What does LVC stand for?

You got a link to that Idler gear, I may just do this?

LVC = Low Voltage Cutoff

I for got to mention this will most likely get the PRC122 as well maybe custom to my truck. The tires at first will be my used Phaltline tires. It will probably get the Bulletproof diffs when the stockers go.

As for motors yes the Stock FLUX motor has plenty of power 3-5hp depending on battery's.

I have tossed the idea of RSC's around and not sure at this point. But I may opt for these instead of the Integy Rear hub carriers. I just don't like the Purple. If I go for the RSC's I just as well leave all the stock purple on. Maybe I will wait to strip it.

My intentions for this is to have a Electric truck with to much power and have some of the best ability to plat that power to the ground, but still have a truck that has agility and not to long. Along with more or less for bashing.

Bank your probably going to beat me done, I gatta get the truck here and get the parts all cut. I'm planning on driving it some before the thing gets completely torn apart.

what are your LVC set at? 3.3v?

39t idler looks like th way forward... Ive asked many people on youtube running 4 and 6s and they say yes temps increase a little but not much. All good as long as temps are watched.

If this idler gear is ok, why are the 25t pinions frying peopls esc?

I don't have the truck yet. LVC may stay at automatic for now as I will run some 3S packs some to.

I will also be running the FAN on the Motor so this should help with temps some.

The question with the 25T pinion is a good question, maybe someone else has a better explanation than I can give.

This will be the sickest FLUX I have built yet as I have set up 2 for other people so far.

If this idler gear is ok, why are the 25t pinions frying peopls esc?

that gear ratio is WAY too steep for the flux motor. in layman's terms its gonna make the motor/esc work way to hard to move a 13+ pound truck.

i'll equate it to loading a tractor-trailer with 40,000# and then doing full speed take-offs in 5th or 6th gear; it would over-work your engine & clutch & whammo!

Unfortunately Flux only has 1 single speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
obviously freddy but why does a 39t idler gear which essentially means its taking off in second gear doesnt bother the esc or motor as much as a 25t pin?

Larson what fan are you going to run? i heard the CC Shroud is absolutely rubbish as in build quality,and the fan breaks very quickly... I think i am going to fabricate my own pc fan that sits above the motor and one above the ESC, and then splice them together and run them off the 3rd channel.
Anyone does this yet? any writeups anywhere?

Yes, I will be running the CC fan. I have heard nothing about the fan. I do have 2 of these on order and do expect them here soon. 1 is for myself and the other is for my Brothers BL E-Revo. I hope they are of a better quality than you say. I will be sure to let you know.

This fan may not even fit the FLUX due to the motor mount's, but I guess I will see.

cant wait for the build lars everything you do is mindblowing cant wait to see this build and run compare to frddys table trophy lol lol

ill dig it out... I saw a pic of it on a flux on the stock torq2200 kv.

IMG_0037-1.jpg

IMG_0039-1.jpg

actually i think the senses is saying that it wont fit the flux.

Considering the price it is worth a try...

Yes it will fit the diameter of the Torq2200 but I doubt in stock forum that it will fit between the motor mounts on the FLUX. I'm gunna try though.

Well the rest as of now are on the way. I will wait a little bit for the other stuff. Now I gatta get the Carbon programed and cut.

This is what i have coming as of tonight:
-HPI FLUX 2.4ghz Truck
-Traxxas's Carbon Fiber wing 5446G
-Proline Desert Rat Slash Body 3284-00

thats cool larsen ive been waiting on a review of the new 2.4 radio from HPI. Unreal build my friend i cant wait to see this one.

Yes it will fit the diameter of the Torq2200 but I doubt in stock forum that it will fit between the motor mounts on the FLUX. I'm gunna try though.

Id put bets on it you can make it work. The mounts will make for shroud, that you have to cut. If you keep it tight it will work good .

Id put bets on it you can make it work.

LOL, I'll put bets on it that I will get it to work as well. That's why I purcahsed it. However it there is no way I guess I only have $11.00 into it and can sell it again so long as I haven't started hacking.

Well a few changes, Instead of the Integy rear hub carriers I will be just going with the HPI RSC's, I will not have these right away but will get them after sometime as they are roughly $150 but will increase the handling quite a bit so with that said the purple will stay on where stock.

Today I received the Castle Creations Motor Fan, and the Traxxas ESC mount.

Well I just ordered Avid Ceramic bearing's for the diffs and Revolutions for steering bearings. I hope they will hold up better than the stock bearings would. I never had HPI stock bearings hold up on diffs.

Well I just ordered Avid Ceramic bearing's for the diffs and Revolutions for steering bearings. I hope they will hold up better than the stock bearings would. I never had HPI stock bearings hold up on diffs.

Feel free to send me a set too ...

justin would they really make that much of a difference???

Not much, they will just roll a little better and a little smoother. They can handle the rpm better especially when it comes to longevity. Otherwise not really. Avid Ceramic's are only $5.00 each. What's neat is they have one side metal shielded which gives less friction and the other is Rubber which gives more seal ability. So the rubber will go toward the outside of the diff.

Latest posts

Members online

Back