k4.6 factory needle settings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek_2694

well today i went to bash my truck out in the backyard and i noticed that the truck wasnt preforming right.so i went to adjust the high speed needle to lean it out because it was running too rich, when i noticed that my mid range needle backed out a lot. i don't know the factory setting of it to work from either. i also was wondering if my low speed needle has done the same thing so i also need the factory setting for that. thanks if anyone can help

derek

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/nitro-engine-factory-settings.11154/

k4.6 factory needles settings are:

HSN - flush with the line scribed on the brass barrel

MSN - flush with the carb body. I turn mine in about a half turn from flush.

LSN - flush with the housing.

the MSN on these motors like to walk. A little dab of rtv or something to hold it in place is what I recommend.

thanks allan. yea the MSN looked like it was about to fall out. it was out about 1/8 inch. ive only taken out the LSN and the HSN to change the o rings in it.

i've always wondered why the mid range seems to like to back itself out when the hsn or lsn doesnt seem to do it?

Last edited by a moderator:
mabey the o rings aren't giving it a snug enough fit

I sealed mine off at the same time I sealed my k4.6. It did the same thing a couple times and that was a couple times too much for me

just got done running the truck and it runs great thanks for the settings allan

The roller is ready, just need to buy some parts for the motor and take the long 10 mile trip to clement's house for the rest.

Clement could answer those questions better than I can. He still has the motor and would know the difference, if any, between the two.

Latest posts

Members online

Back