Just got a blitz ese.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sweet jr this was a long time in the makin let us know how she rips

I did run it yest. for about 10 min. Barely used a 1/4 of the packs charge. It ran pretty good. Can't give any comparisons between a stock blitz and the ese cuz I've never ran a stock blitz before. But, for the way I have it set-up, I tried "flingin" the truck back and forth (full left steer to full right steer and on asphault) at full throttle and it didn't roll over at all. So, it looks as if it handles real good. Only time it rolled over was during a full speed turn then hittin the brakes, but at the same time I caught a rough spot in the road. Couldn't run it in the yard cuz my grass hasn't been cut for 2 wks due to rain, so the grass is about 8-9in. high.

I'm interested to see how that novak goes; big name in the brushless racing scene so between that and the esc you picked id have to say you made good choices. you'll have to let us know.

I'm diggin those venom packs... interested to hear your feedback on those as well.

Those are the only packs I've ran as far as Lipos go. I don't wanna (actually don't have) spend the money just yet for higher end LiPo packs til I know the SC truck racing is gonna be a long time deal, if you know what I mean. I can compare between the two different ones that I have if you want. The other one is a 5400mah 20c same voltage, just not hard case. I got that one for my wife's Strike cuz it was cheap and so she can get used to runnin a LiPo before we hit the track. But, for the 10 min. I ran yest., the pack and ESC were cool as can be. The motor had a real high temp so I need to change the gearing up just as Leroy said in his post after yours. I'll keep you posted.

looks good jr how you do u like the 40c pack so far i like my 20c for right now and u may have to drop down to a 28 pinion due to temps

Leroy, if you read the above replys, then you know I only ran it for about 10 min. Once I get the gearing sorted out (you were right about the temps), I'm gonna compare the 40C pack to the 20C pack that we have since both you and Fred asked about them. Like I said above, I ran the truck for about 10 min. yest. and only used about a 1/4 of the packs charge. And I was at full throttle 75% of the time. So I'm guessin I'll get about 25-30 min. of good run times on one charge, which sounds pretty good to me. After I was done runnin it, I checked the temp on the motor cuz I knew it was really hot and the temp was 186*. I then checked the manual that came with it and it said not to exceed 175* max or damage may occur. I'm hopin that since I only ran it for that short amount of time, the motor is still gonna be ok and last awhile. I also the manual some more and Novak suggests with the 17.5t motor, to run gearing with a final drive ratio of 8.0. The closest I could get to that according the gear chart in the ESE manual was to switch the SG out for the 83t. According the the ESE manual 77/30 gearing has a final drive ratio of 6.67. 83/30 gear has a 7.19 final drive ratio. The only pinions I was able to get was a 28 & 30t. Both of the LHS were out of all the others. The one LHS is supposed to be getting a huge stock replacement order this week, so I'll be able to pick a couple more pinions for me and my wife's strike. If the 83/30 gearing doesn't bring the motor temps down, then I'll go lower on the pinion tooth count 1 at a time til I get the temps where I'd like them. I'll keep you posted.

Leroy and Fred, I forgot to add this to the previous post, but according to the Novak motor manual, it says the motor temps should be between 160*-175* max at end of run. I'm gonna see what temps I get now with the gearing change and update later. Gotta get the yard done first.

Just got done runnin it again today. First run with 77/30 gearing motor temps were past the max limit after 10 min. of runnin. Todays run with 83/30 gearing and the same amount of time runnin, temps were the same again. Once the motor cools back down and I finish the yard work I didn't get done yest., I'm gonna switch out the pinion for a 28t and see if the temps drop any. That will put the final drive ratio a whole lot closer to 8.0 which the motor manual recommends. Since I still haven't gotten all the gearing numbers figured out, does a high number for the final drive ratio mean more bottom end (acceleration) or does it mean more top speed? Example, is a 7.15final drive ratio have more acceleration than a 6.67 final drive ratio? Gearing option I have on hand are as follows

SG= 77t, 83t, & 88t
PG= 28t & 30t

final drive ratio numbers
77/28 =7.15 & 77/30 =6.67
83/28 =7.71 & 77/30 =7.19
88/28 =8.17 & 88/30 =7.63

Let me know guys what you recommend.

I say you get a fan for the motor if your concerned about temp & let her ripi

Gee, thanks for the help noob. LOL!!!! i got it all sorted out. I called a buddy of mine who races at the track frequently and found out what gearing everybody is runnin at the track in their blitzs. Now I just gotta hope that Hobbytown got some pinion gears in with their big replacements order. Gonna find out shortly and pick some up tomorow. But, thanks for the help anyways Freddy.

Ran the blitz yest. afternoon. I think I finally got the gearing down right. 88/26 and mainly runnin in grass and some loose dirt. Motor temps stayed around 150*. Only time the temps rose was when I moved onto a more road type surface. And the handling is really good. May need to tweak the slipper clutch and or ball diff for a little bit of slippage. I'll update more as it gets ran more.

Been awhile since I've updated this mainly do to all the work I've been doin. Last time I ran it was a few months ago. Only problem I've had with the ese version of the blitz is the ball diff. None of the actual internals or anything broke. But the nut that holds everything together is brass and after a few runs, it's shot. Right now, as of last the last run, I've got it temp fixed in a "locked" diff set-up. Waitin on funds and time to order the parts I need to change over to the gear diff.

my blitz is geared 18/88 and it could drop down more for my local track. you're runnin extreme gearing unless the final of the ese trans is different

Latest posts

Members online

Back