Is anyone happy with their truck?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi guys

i have octane for exactly 2 weeks ..
had no brakes .. needed to mod them to work.
had one pack of batteries dead from the hobby shop - replaced.
gears had to be tuned since it didnt shift from 1st .... tuned .. now running fine.
had the rx antenna tube broken in 3rd day .. (stiff long tube with heavy car that rolls over every now and then ... not the best design )

now i have some new problem, the steering servo is moving but not moving the wheels ..
only two weeks.

the design of the electricity box is sooo bad ... inserting the battery packs in is impossible mission.
it is not water prove at all ... not even splashes ...

the only thing i can say is,
i have traxxas summit for the last 4 years .. had two steering servos dead, and hihg-low micro servo dead in this time ....
i have a 30 years old tamiya hornet .. had to change the battery pack two years ago ...

in my country this is not an easy project .. i paid 1130$ for this car ... and i am not happy with the quality of it.
i had 8 tanks by now ... and it is a crazy thing, extremely fast ... the sound of the motor is making me horny .. .. it gives me boots of adrenaline while running it ... but the turn off when new sh#$% is happening every second day .. :(

i like to mess around and play "mechanic joe" ..
but so many problems in so short time .... well ... i think i will also not get another hpi car in the future.

but, this is here a good community with good support !!

thanks guys.
Sorry to hear all your problems.
If I were you I would sell it asap. As HPI has discontinued the Octane!
As soon as I heard 3 weeks ago. Ebay it went.
I had it running like a champ but the transmissions for me were a problem. Pisd poor engineering.
HPI has good product. Its just they pushed the Octane out for release when it should have went back to be reworked.. GREED. It kills companies everytime.
Just like you said, I will never buy a H P I product again. Because of 1 piss poor product. That was extreemly over priced.
I wish I would have saved the money and purshased a 1/5 scale. I was so stupid. Because they marketed the Octane so well and I refused to listen to the fourms. I was a dumb ass.
Any way buy 2 transmissions 1 for off road and 1 for on road.
I found that easier to tune the truck. Because the tranny has alot to do with how you tune the truck. From my experience.
I loved the engine. It is a beast.
Good luck.

Sorry to hear all your problems.
If I were you I would sell it asap. As HPI has discontinued the Octane!
As soon as I heard 3 weeks ago. Ebay it went.
I had it running like a champ but the transmissions for me were a problem. Pisd poor engineering.
HPI has good product. Its just they pushed the Octane out for release when it should have went back to be reworked.. GREED. It kills companies everytime.
Just like you said, I will never buy a H P I product again. Because of 1 piss poor product. That was extreemly over priced.
I wish I would have saved the money and purshased a 1/5 scale. I was so stupid. Because they marketed the Octane so well and I refused to listen to the fourms. I was a dumb ass.
Any way buy 2 transmissions 1 for off road and 1 for on road.
I found that easier to tune the truck. Because the tranny has alot to do with how you tune the truck. From my experience.
I loved the engine. It is a beast.
Good luck.

It's always tough to be an early adopter. Not many RCs come out without issues initially. Sadly though the Octane was especially problematic. Luckily, HPI has a V2 coming out.

http://hpiracing.world/en/kit/116386

bought a very lightly used Flux, ran it for two minutes in some snow/slush and the ESC burned out.... Replaced it with a Mamba Max 2. Didn't run it much yet. In the couple minutes it did run, WOW, I loved it!

bought a very lightly used Flux, ran it for two minutes in some snow/slush and the ESC burned out.... Replaced it with a Mamba Max 2. Didn't run it much yet. In the couple minutes it did run, WOW, I loved it!

^^^ Goes into Octane complaint thread.....talks about Flux. :D I think someone is lost. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Back