In search of a piece!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajdragon

Hi

By any chance does anyone happen to know where to get this piece "see picture"? When HPI discontinued the Super 5SC, I guess they also stoped selling this part by itself, it is still posible to get it but I would have to buy the front bumper assembly for the Baja 5SC for around $30 just to get that one piece.

Attachments

• Screenshot (30).jpg
    Screenshot (30).jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 19
go to the hardware store , buy a piece of thick walled aluminum tube and a 3mm tap and make your own.....

Or try one of the octagon pieces from the bulkheads where the TVP connects. Guessing that still exists. The old pre-X savage's had a round one and it was a pain when one side or the other was stuck on the screw.

Hi

I just tried the octagon pieces from the bulkheads I have and they fit in the holes perfectly, but its almost an inch too long. I would have to cut it down to the right length but if I did that the screw holes would be too shallow. I might just get the older round versions, but first I need to know if they are solid like the new ones or hollow like a tube.

Are the octagon ones hollow? Only costs a few $ for a 4mm drill/tap combo. It's aluminum, so it will tap easy enough. Dremel or hack saw to shorten it.

I have those, but they are in my truck and I can't recall if they are hollow or not.

Hi

The octagon ones are solid, and the threaded holes are about a half inch deep. I figure I'll just get the round ones for $10 and if they turn out to be solid, I'll drill the screw holes a little deeper before cutting it to length.

Latest posts

Members online

Back