In search of a piece!

ajdragon

Hi

By any chance does anyone happen to know where to get this piece "see picture"? When HPI discontinued the Super 5SC, I guess they also stoped selling this part by itself, it is still posible to get it but I would have to buy the front bumper assembly for the Baja 5SC for around $30 just to get that one piece.

Attachments

Jam Racing 1

HPISF Supporter
go to the hardware store , buy a piece of thick walled aluminum tube and a 3mm tap and make your own.....

olds97_lss

Or try one of the octagon pieces from the bulkheads where the TVP connects. Guessing that still exists. The old pre-X savage's had a round one and it was a pain when one side or the other was stuck on the screw.

ajdragon

Hi

I just tried the octagon pieces from the bulkheads I have and they fit in the holes perfectly, but its almost an inch too long. I would have to cut it down to the right length but if I did that the screw holes would be too shallow. I might just get the older round versions, but first I need to know if they are solid like the new ones or hollow like a tube.

olds97_lss

Are the octagon ones hollow? Only costs a few $ for a 4mm drill/tap combo. It's aluminum, so it will tap easy enough. Dremel or hack saw to shorten it.

I have those, but they are in my truck and I can't recall if they are hollow or not.

ajdragon

Hi

The octagon ones are solid, and the threaded holes are about a half inch deep. I figure I'll just get the round ones for $10 and if they turn out to be solid, I'll drill the screw holes a little deeper before cutting it to length.