1. Ask questions. Share your HPI Savage knowledge. Register TODAY!

Welcome to HPISavageForum, a friendly forum to discuss the Savage RC Truck.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HPI Savage Octane starts then stalls

Discussion in 'HPI Savage Octane' started by trev616, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Rusty Nail

Rusty Nail Active Member

I was wondering if people got their issues resolved with their trucks or did they sell them?

2. Alexander RUS

Alexander RUS Member

I resolved all problems, but it took a lot of money from me, I think almost 1/3 of Savage Octane price :(

3. Roberto

Roberto Active Member

Even I had to improve the Savage with a lot of money

4. Rusty Nail

Rusty Nail Active Member

I hate to hear that guys

5. Roberto

Roberto Active Member

6. Mark Walters

Mark Walters Well-Known Member

Yes got mine resolved. A new spark plug and organizing the battery box help with my stalling problem. I also had to put Loctite on the steering saver and a new steering servo because the tires burnt it up because of their size

7. Rusty Nail

Rusty Nail Active Member

I hate to hear that it took that much money and effort...

8. HarjS

HarjS Member

I'm having a similar problem from the very first tank and have just ran my second tank. The problem is that I have to hold the throttle on the transmitter, while pulling the crank at the same time to start the car. However If I let go of the throttle it stalls. I then adjusted the idle screw clockwise right the way to end and now the car runs without stalling for about a minute . however at this max idle setting I'd expect to see the wheels spinning pretty fast but they don't move when I start the car and hold it off the ground(with the help of a friend) on the max idle setting. Lol. I also still have to hold the throttle and pull the crank at the same time to start the damn car every time! Is this normal? I haven't touched the HS or gear transmission as it says not to until your on then 3rd or 4th tank in the manual. The car still hasn't come out of 1st gear yet either but then I haven't caned it yet as I'm only still breaking in the engine. Saying that, I then got 20 mins runtime without the car stalling for my second tank just now. What do I do? Would appreciate any advice.

#98 HarjS, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  9. F-Type

F-Type Well-Known Member

Keep breaking the car in. If you still see these issues after 6-7 tanks without any improvement, then maybe it's time to start some fault finding.

However, double check that both the HS and LS needles actually are in the correct position. Use the trim-sheet supplied by HPI, it specifies different settings compared to the manual, at least the original manual.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jam Racing 1

Jam Racing 1 NPTB Monitor, Master of the known universe....
    HPISF Staff

Leave it at the addedumed settings until 4 or more tanks have been run, do not rush thru breakin you will pay more in the end than if you take your time and just let it breakin and be happy.....

11. HarjS

HarjS Member

Damn it's 1am here guys and uve settled some nerves. I can sleep in peace. Thanks for the grateful advice.

12. F-Type

F-Type Well-Known Member

Well, here it's 2 am ;)

13. diezel30z

diezel30z New Member

Can someone explain this further. While testing my spark-plug, i can see spark both from the spark-plug and from the spark-plug cup. Does it mean that the ignition system is already faulty? Can it be repaired?