HIRISK's OFNA Linkage Set Up with pics and details

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely still want the return spring.

DO ya have a link for them? I almost lost my fav savage today because of it not being there.
It went right onto a busy road ;(

Losi sells a spring that will work also, check the hobby store or even a hardware store... several can be made to work just fine

extension_springs.gif

I picked it off google images... is not a kit, just showing a selection of springs one can get at most hardware stores

Ink pen springs work

I think he is talking carb return spring......
although I have used ink pen springs for linkage return springs a time or 2 , now I just use some fuel tube , cheap and works well

can you bielive the shipping cost on a $2.50 item here?
pixel_trans.gif
Please select the preferred shipping method to use on this order. Please Select
arrow_east_south.gif
pixel_trans.gif

pixel_trans.gif

pixel_trans.gif
United Parcel Service (1 x 0.52lbs)
shipping_ups.gif
pixel_trans.gif

pixel_trans.gif
Canada Standard $31.72
pixel_trans.gif

pixel_trans.gif
Worldwide Expedited $74.54
pixel_trans.gif

pixel_trans.gif
Worldwide Saver $76.97
pixel_trans.gif

pixel_trans.gif

pixel_trans.gif

pixel_trans.gif
United States Postal Service
0 lbs, 8.32 oz
shipping_usps.gif
pixel_trans.gif

pixel_trans.gif
Priority Mail International
---Approx. delivery time 6 - 10 business days to many major markets $29.25
pixel_trans.gif

pixel_trans.gif
Priority Mail Express International
---Approx. delivery time 3 - 5 business days to many major markets $38.75
pixel_trans.gif

pixel_trans.gif

pixel_trans.gif

I found one FINALLY they are ver y dificult to find stuff on tho. I have to go through my books and punch in sav 25=sav x sav xl part numbers b4 I can find stuff.
I sure hope the rod ends I ordered fit o_O

I was going to suggest just walking into your LHS with part numbers, that's what I usually do, since they are always withing 5% of online prices for me anyway.

Funny thing is Dubro sells those balls, and linkages and most anything else one could need for this and most all hobby shops stock Dubro stuff too......

Funny thing is Dubro sells those balls, and linkages and most anything else one could need for this and most all hobby shops stock Dubro stuff too......

My LHS has it in their airplane section. I had to get an ignitor and glow wrench from that section since they have no nitro trucks :/

So I finally broke down and did this mod because the stock linakge with the loop spring really is a POS.

Fot the most part, I used all the OFNA parts the OP suggested. I tried to get the splined adapater from the OFNA (30661) to fit on my Hitec 645MG servo. I ended up wrecking it so opted to use the aluminum arm that came with my steering servo instead.

dp_110226_01.jpg

The length between the center point of the arm to the mounting point of the sliders is roughly 3/4" of an inch which give more throw so re-adjust endpoints on the transmitter to prevent binding. The stock one is about 5/8" length.

dp_110226_02.jpg

BTW, the servo linkage kit (10724) we ordered did not come with the threaded ball. Just got an email from Dave Starks at OFNA, the ball is a 3.8mm ball stud, fwiw. We were in a hurry so I used a Du-Bro 191 2-56 threaded ball link with a Du-Bro 172 12" 2-56 threaded rod.

dp_110226_04.jpg

Since there was an extra blue collar in the linkage servo kit, I added a collar and spring on the back side of the the brake link so the brake is disengaged on throttle up.

One last note about the Du-bro ball link is the threaded end sticks out well below the nut and must be cut down otherwise it will come into contact with the link going to the carb which will prevent it from opening all the way.

dp_110226_05.jpg

I made a video of the setup in action...

The throttle link does come into contact with the radio case on braking and bends over the rod, but it doesn't seem to affect it much. Try and keep the throttle linkage bends as minimal as possible. The straighter the rod and bends, the less it will flex. You can see mine still bends a little at WOT.

Great mod ppl and thanks to the OP for starting this thread. We are running 4 Savages and the stock throttle servo link is sticking on all of them. This is a must do mod.

Cheers!

That will be perfect. 4-40 refer's to the thread size. I'm not sure where 3.8 or 6.8 came from lol.
He is saying about the 3.8mm

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back