Hello from N.Y.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently built an outside track on city property this summer. My advice to you is start small. My lhs owner donated several hundred dollars for dirt and the rest was up to me and my contacts. I have friends that do excavating that hauled in hundreds of tons of dirt and another friend that donated his time and bobcat for the track assembly. We currently have 1 1/2 acres to work with and it's plenty. We only used about half to start but we built a cool oval and 110' by 100' offroad track. It is completely free to run there and there is no club or fees at all. The parks consider it the same liability to be there as any of the 7 baseball parks and kid playgrounds in the city. So far it's worked out great. In the spring we (myself and whoever shows up) will be putting a monster freestyle course in and stretching the offroad track by 35' each way. I had some problems like you had but not to that degree but it was from the park board manager wanting to build the track for me and she was just getting to crazy on the layout and cost thus deterring the park board members from interest. I sent you a pm if you would like to talk about it on the phone. Good Luck and remember Rome wasn't built in a day!:Xfingers:

Thanks Bro and everyone who is being supportive. I`m swamped with work right now but I will give you a call tomorrow if thats ok. I do want to speak with you.

Once again, You guys are GREAT!!!!

Starting Over

Well since all this drama started with the club and track, my members have split into 3 groups. The ones who like the guy , the ones who don't and the ones who want to be neutural. I am starting the club all over and My member drive is in effect again. The track is still going to be built but we just don't know where yet. The two clubs involved will be interested in trying to obtain state land for this to happen on. County property seems to have too many strings attached to it and it just doesent look like a good option. Anyone interested give me a pm.

And I haven't forgotten about calling you Blazer x, its been hell the last few days.

Hey Nitro. Well since I don't know anyone yet, I guess I'm kind of neutral. I do agree with you about the way he went about it though. I talked to my friend and I'm waiting to hear back from him. I wouldnt count the county land out completely yet though. If there is anything I can do to help you out just give a shout.
Are you starting your own forum or still going to use the other one?

Great News

I AM PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THE LONG ISLAND NITRO ASSN. IS GOT A SHOT ONCE AGAIN TO BUILD A PERMANENT TRACK!!!!!

Rumor has it that the commissioner of the parks dept. of Nassau county WAS NOT IMPRESSED by the proposal set forth by a certain person behind our backs. This person shall remain nameless! As I type this a major effort is being set forth to obtain another appointment and submit a PROFESSIONAL PROPOSAL like the way it should have been done the first time.

WE ARE BACK IN BUSINESS!!!!!

Still looking at the county or going for the State instead?

We are going to seek out the county first and then deal with the red tape of the state if it doesnt pan out. We all feel that the county would be better to start with in hopes on getting something going for this summer.

Hey guys nitronut u should rele team up wit Long Island Raceway and Hobby
there trying to move to a bigger place/outdoor track.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back