Flux xl conversion dreaded spur issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demonimp

Hi guys I have just started to put together my conversion after what seems like an eternity of waiting for parts I have the flux motor mount and plate. the issue I'm having is the spur (47t) and pinion 18t.
Now the motor mount wont move far enough over to the right looking from the rear of the truck to be able to fit the pinion in place after reading through many posts on the conversions I have yet to come across this.
The only remedy I can think of is to get a smaller pinion but I'm a little reluctant to do this. I will post some pics tomorrow as it's too late here in the UK to be messing about in my workshop. Can anyone help with a cure many thanks in advance.

Can you elaborate on what else your conversion consists of? Are you using all stock Flux XL parts? Or some aftermarket?

From what I can see, the stock Flux XL uses a 16T pinion and a 43T spur. I'm guessing your gears are simply too large for the application, stock.

Hi thanks for your reply yes mostly all my conversion is stock apart from the spur I was having trouble locating a 44t steel spur so I opted for the 47t as I didn't want to use the plastic spur looks like I will have to unless I can located a smaller one or could you recommend a better steel alternative.

I run a 44t spur, anything larger and you'll really struggle to fit any pinion gears.
I run a 20t pinion from memory too, been playing around with gearing in the last couple weeks.

Made a couple graphs to try help me understand the ratios better, and what the benefits/trade-offs are.

Hi guys thanks for your replies I have managed to find an integy 43t spur hopefully I can use it with a 18t pinion or else I will be waiting even longer lol starting to think I should of stayed nitro lol

What motor are you using in it? Did you cut any of the TVP away?

Getting my X ready to go out tomorrow. Been a year or so since I fired it up. Ran one of my nitro revos a couple times this year... with HPI up in the air again, I'm a bit hesitant to run it. Feel like I need to run it at least once.

What motor are you using in it? Did you cut any of the TVP away?

Getting my X ready to go out tomorrow. Been a year or so since I fired it up. Ran one of my nitro revos a couple times this year... with HPI up in the air again, I'm a bit hesitant to run it. Feel like I need to run it at least once.
I'm away with my family atm when I get back tomorrow I will show you what I have done I have about 3 sets of tvps spare so I had a little play with a damaged set. Only 1 set I have are standard the others are aftermarket not sure of the make as I got them as a job lot of savage parts off sleasebay I was running a nitrostar 4.6 but it is getting a little troublesome hence the conversion. I have attached a pic of what (show shell) I will be using and also the motor, I got a good deal for an esc and motor off of banggood , as well as 2x 4s 50c 5000mah lipos I will try and post some links.
As for mounting the esc I got my dremmel out and adapted the standard electronic box and I must say I does look a little smart pics to follow.
IMG-20190323-WA0001.jpegIMG-20190323-WA0003.jpeg

Motor and esc
[£59.25 18% OFF]Racerstar 4068 Brushless Waterproof Sensorless Motor 2050KV 120A ESC For 1/8 Cars RC Car Parts RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com
https://banggood.app.link/YedjG3bq2V

Lipos

[£33.60]ZOP Power 14.8V 5000mah 50C 4S LiPo Battery T Plug for RC Quadcopter RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com
https://banggood.app.link/fcBCaXgq2V

Latest posts

Members online

Back