1. Ask questions. Share your HPI Savage knowledge. Register TODAY!

Welcome to HPISavageForum, a friendly forum to discuss the Savage RC Truck.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can’t decide on what 1/5 scale

Discussion in 'Large Scale RC' started by Juarezd, Nov 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Juarezd

Juarezd Active Member

Ok guys haven’t posted in a while but I’ve been back in the hobby for a while again. I currently have a HPI Savage x and a traxxas e-Maxx Brushless. I’ve been really thinking about getting a 1/5 2stroke rc. I really like the hpi Baja 5b Tsk-b kraken but don’t like the fact it’s 2 wheel drive. I’ve also looked into the Losi k&n dbxl like that it’s 4 wheel drive but still lean more towards the Baja. I’ve also looked at the Losi 5ive-T but ain’t too convinced on it. I’ve also seen the Kraken vekta which is priced high but if worth it I could wait a lil longer. I haven’t seen neither in person just online. I plan on jumping them so need them to hold up pretty well. Yes I do realize they break and need maintance. Does anyone have any input on either one. I really would hate to spend the money and not like what I get. I’m honestly leaning towards the Baja but not sure how the 2 wheel drive affects handling while on the ground or in the air. Also open to other recommendations and currently have no price range the cost just means the length I’ll have to wait lol. Thanks for any help.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  2. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin HPISF Staff

My first recommendation would be the Losi 5ive-T, then Vekta.5 and finally the DBXL - all three are very capable 1/5 scale RC's.

You might also be interested in checking out our other forum, https://www.largescaleforums.com/

3. Juarezd

Juarezd Active Member

Ok thanks woodie I’ll check the forum out. Been looking at vekta but I’ll be looking at about 2200 for everything. Honestly the thing I don’t like about the 5ive-t is that it’s similar to the slash. I’m sure it’s a unfair comparison but by any chance do have any first hand experience with jumping it and how well the suspension holds? Also what type of ground clearance it has?

4. Wilson

Wilson Well-Known Member

I second the 5ive t, I don't own one but a guy I run with sometimes has one. It's a awesome rig, great handling and tough.

I have been looking for a 1/5 for a while, just never found the right deal. I personally think the Baja buggy platform is a great setup with plentiful parts.

The DBXL to me is more of a entry level 1/5. Still a nice setup but I have read about the handling not being the best and the motor that comes factory on it leaves you wishing it had more power.

Some people frown at it but there is actually companies that have a complete ripoff of the Baja. Rovan and king motor. Is the quality as good as HPI, probably not but for a starter 1/5 it might be a route to think about.

Again, I don't own any of these but I have done my fair share of research on them as I am also looking :)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  5. Wilson

Wilson Well-Known Member

Sorry I triple posted some how. I don't know what I did lol

6. Juarezd

Juarezd Active Member

Lol that’s fine. Hmmm I’m gonna have to look more into that 5t.

7. X

X Conspiracy of One HPISF Staff

Poof, empty posts gone! :D

• Like Like x 2
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted