Bad Tsais

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crash

:axed:
Ok , this is a four year old savage 21.

This is the first truck I bought, nothing is original except the transmision.

I put savage x diffs and skids, it is incredibly smooth now.

I also trimmed down the c hubs for better steering radious, nice.

upgraded steering servo.

Integy cross members

IRC screw set

HPI cvd hd dogbones with dust boots

HPI Nubzs

port & polished AXIAL 28 rr spec 1 / hpi 4.6k ported & polished

TSAIS TUNED PIPE

Full force carbon fiber set

RPM center skid

JR racing servos

nothing too extreme, I am just a back yard basher.

I love the way this thing runs now, the biggest improvement for me was the diffs. You can actually here how smooth everything is working rite now.
not to mention the power delivary is incredible now.

This is the same truck I made my wheelie video with, before restoration. wait untill you see the new video. this thing is rediculous now.

notice the tribute to HPISF / thanks guys for all your invaluable insight on this great hobby.
Dan

battle_axi_009.jpg

battle_axi_013.jpg

battle_axi_011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!!!!! Ya I Just Dealt With Rob, Awsome Guy And The Reviews About Him Are Like 99% Postive!!!!!!!!

Very nice, Dan.
Your truck is faster and tougher than mine is...
I want to see the vids, bud.

Well done on the rebuild, bro.

thanks doobee, time will tell on the durability of my new diffs.

I like running the axial again, I'm going to rebuild my hpi 4.6 truck now.

I tore up the diffs on that one.

Nice truck you have their............oh just a warning, don't use the fuel that is in the background.............lol.

thanks 25,

lol, ya thats my dip tank, 25% degreaser 75% water. I let the parts soak in there before assembly. they come out like new.

thanks 25,

lol, ya thats my dip tank, 25% degreaser 75% water. I let the parts soak in there before assembly. they come out like new.

I figured it was something like that.

I use carb cleaner bucket and let them soak in it overnight.

thanx x..............

thanks sj

doobs thats Karcher heavy duty power washer fluid. I got it at menards.

It is very strong, I recomend wearing gloves.

nice truck. i have a .21 as well that has the .28 axial and i havnt broken the diffs yet but i have the 4 gear conversion. but should i wait till they die or change then out now? it still isnt broken in all the way yet.kinda sad. the savage took a back seat to the e-revo. but now i want to use. now how can i get some cash for fuel and plugs? again nice truck and get some vids of that thing.

I would have to say, if it aint broke don't fix. My .21 has on its fourth mill.

original .21 / xtm .24 / hpi 4.6 / and now the axial .28 so, my diffs were done. It seems the plastic houseing was not as tight fitting even with new parts.
When your ready to upgrade your diffs, I would recommend switching to the aluminum savage x style.

about your e revo, lets see a pic of that set up.

good luck bud.

thanks xtrem,
I have to tell ya, this truck is so tight. I'm lovn it, as a matter of fact I just got done running it out front of my house. You know how the smell of nitro brings out the neighbors well , this thing is running like a friggin banshee. wheelies? I'm gettn second gear wheelies (about two inchs) but hey its a first for me. It will literally ride wheelie as far as you have room. its sick .
THANKS FOR THE COMPLAMAINT!
The reason I am finally gettn the hang of this sport is all you guys here at HPISF so I felt the logo would show some appreciation and let people know about the site too. I should of put .com on it also. next time.
crash out

Thats actually a cool idea, crash.... Not hyjack your thead, but maybe HPISF should have some decals made up... Huhhh? Just a thought.

Ya, I thought in videos on u tube and others if people saw the logo we would get more traffic, more trafffic more money. more money. more money. more money.........you get it , lol

The truck looks nice. Where are the before pics? I wish I had taken pics of my truck before pulled I it apart.

Is the logo engraved into the chassis or painted.

thanks Tim,

the logo is masked off and the tvps are painted revealing the logo in brushed aluminum.

BEFORE
toys_154.jpg

new wheels and tires shipping today for battle axe ,
4926_02m.jpg

6wheelrctruck023.jpg

I received the wheels and tires.

My first impression when I removed them from the box was thet are small.

still excited to try them out I put them on th truck.

they looked too small for sure.

So, I put some nitro in the truck and ran them.

They are exactly what I wanted.

The handleing is second to no other tire I have tried.

absolutly no ballooning. no side roll, very sot rubber so they hook up on the street too.

Because they are soo light you have alot less stress on everything.

I went big so I know, I had 40 series with Big Joes. They tore up dogbones and just added way too much weight.

If HPI would make this combo in a little larger version that would be good too.

try these if you want your savage to handle like a buggy.

DISCLAIMER: IMO

hey crash that truck looks good are those 17mm or23mm hubs on the new rims

so got a new vid of it and if u want i could get some HPISF.com stickers made up i might start a tread on that wot do u think
go out and get some footage

are they the "nubz" tires crash? i think thats what it says on them lol if so just how light are they? cuz a buddy said there super light even alot lighter then the dirt bonz

are they the "nubz" tires crash? i think thats what it says on them lol if so just how light are they? cuz a buddy said there super light even alot lighter then the dirt bonz

yes, they are nubz. I love them

In the snow I have to use bigger tires, I'm running stock x wheels and tires now, komodo gave me in a trade.

Latest posts

Members online

Back