XL 5.9 Or something else?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pipes that are good,

stock HPI polished pipe is okay
ofna 086 pipe is much better
best pipe is the extreme rc mods pipe

clutch

stock is okay
dynamite max life are better
fioroni twin turbo with black carbon shoes is the best

cb is going to depend on what clutch you use the spur size and how you want the truck to proform and handle

Last edited by a moderator:
ok is this the pipe you were refurning to http://extremercmods.com/?page=pipes

and for the clutch they look complicated are they or just look that way?

and the CB I'm going to be bashing with is stock good for that i think its 17/47. i don't plan to do speed runs with it just jumps dirt gravel you know off road stuff, lol.

The clutch really isn't complicated. I have not used a fiorini though, so I can't speak for that one, but I don't see how it could be much more complicated than a stock one. I have the HPI polished pipe on my k5.9 and I love the way it sounds, but if I get another pipe it would probably be 086 because of price. I want to get an ERCM picco eventually, and if I do, then I will go all out and get the ERCM pipe to go with it. I run 16/52 gearing but I have an XL with Tremor wheels and Goliath tires. Yours should do fine for what you want I think.

Maybe one of you guys can explain what about this clutch makes it function better. I thought more contact points would give more grip but everyone seems to love the fiorini. What is it mechanically that makes it better?

yeah what does make them the best clutch system?

and for my LRP .28 spec. 3, what fuel would be good for that engine? 25% or 30%? or something else.

Does the lrp 28 come with the spacers needed to put on the CB like the one between the screw and put on the CB like the one between the screw and first bearing and the one between the second bearing and clutch hope I explained that right?

thanks man i thought so just wanted to make sure.

so is the "play" that you need, is it when you move the CB back and forth? and how much play is needed?

Maybe one of you guys can explain what about this clutch makes it function better. I thought more contact points would give more grip but everyone seems to love the fiorini. What is it mechanically that makes it better?
it grabs 3/4s of the bell instead of 3 small spots

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back