Who's TVP'S Are These???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Os.savageboy

Just picked this truck up at my local car show swap meet for $170! its a complete truck and i am going to mid tank it! I haven't been on here for along time and its good to be back. The truck came with a Hpi Tf-4 radio and a Ofna/Picco P2 .27 motor with the green head. Anyways i need to find out who makes the TVP'S!

They look like custom ones to me... Never seen them offered, not sure I would want them if they were :) Look too heavy...

Go with FLM or PRC TVP's in my opinion...

Bob

i saw a guy on SC who had a build with these tvps... completely custom. I think he did it because he didnt want any dirt getting in it or something... i think its 3mm thick...

Yeah there real thick! Ill try and sell them on ebay to put towards my FLMs

If you are just a basher there is no point in getting 60 dollar plus tvps that would be weaker then those. Not saying PRC or FLM are bad but beat the snot out of those then if they break buy some new one but I love the look of those and I can't see them bending with all those supports.

Idk maybe might keep them but really like flm stuff that i had on another truck!

pretty easy to make these ones...
take your stock TVPs (X or XL) and trace it out with hole positions.
cut x2 plates out and BaM.....Custom TVPs

doesnt take all that long to make either.

at one point a few years back i was gonna tempt to make Cladboard TVPs cuz the stuff is SOOOO easy to work with when you have a dremel. And Cladboard is super light and super strong, unlike Carbomn whereas it is brittle beyond belief.

at one point a few years back i was gonna tempt to make Cladboard TVPs cuz the stuff is SOOOO easy to work with when you have a dremel. And Cladboard is super light and super strong, unlike Carbon whereas it is brittle beyond belief.

I am a bit worried about the brittle issue since I tend to get wound up and just launch the hell outta my truck every now and then. Well see tho. If I can keep my FLM and get a set of carbons then they'll be used for speed runs only.

I am a bit worried about the brittle issue since I tend to get wound up and just launch the hell outta my truck every now and then. Well see tho. If I can keep my FLM and get a set of carbons then they'll be used for speed runs only.

Yeah I am still learning that I shouldnt try the crazy stuff until I am about done with the bash session...nothing worse than breaking something 5 minutes into it! Sometimes its too hard to resist though. Famous last words...man this thing is tough I cant believe I haven't broke anything :bad driver:

Latest posts

Members online

Back