Which Tekin system?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No more than 6 led's on the esc and no more than 200 on the motor

Thanks Randy. Now I have another issue. Can't seem to get my hotwire to work. Tried on my laptop and desktop. Plugged the hotwire to the esc, the the laptop. Light turns on on the esc and green light rapidly blinks on hotwire. Double click the hotwire icon and asks if I want to check for updates and I click yes. No updates available and that's it! I cannot click on anything else. Followed the directions on the tekin forum and deleted the hidden hotwire esc from the computer and still nothing. Any ideas?

Well, FRIED my Tekin today!!!:cussing: Ran my 4s for a little bit, and when they were dead I sat for a little bit and then threw in the 5s and was runnning for MAYBE 5 min and not even real hard on it. All of a sudden I hear a little pop and then nothing! Run over to it and no smoke, nothing looked wrong, just wouldn't do anything. Poped out the lipos and they looked fine. Everything looked fine, but the esc stinks. Very dissapointed. hasn't even been a month and now its trash! cant even put my stock setup back in because i had to grind the motor mounts to get the T8 to fit. :cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing:

maybe Tekin will have some warranty to cover ya. i wonder whats up tho.

What batteries are you using? Did you change the LiPo cut off when switching back and forth? Did you change the gearing also when swapping?

Running hyperion 5500 35c. Did change the LiPo cut off. Did not change gearing. I am running the 39t idler.

If you added 20% more rpm's give or take why would you not change the gearing?

I bet if we look at the esc the caps inside are blown indicating HUGE power surges. These can be caused by improper gearing, weak battery pack,etc.

If you added 20% more rpm's give or take why would you not change the gearing?

I bet if we look at the esc the caps inside are blown indicating HUGE power surges. These can be caused by improper gearing, weak battery pack,etc.

Two words. Dumb noob. So does this mean I'm pretty much S.O.L? In any case, I will.probably end up selling my 5s lipos and just stick to my 4s which are safer in my noob hands. Changing the gearing everytime I change from 4s to 5s is not very realistic. Now just hoping that I wont have to buy a new esc.

Randy, can he send the esc in & have a technician inspect it or has the warranty expired?

Two words. Dumb noob. So does this mean I'm pretty much S.O.L? In any case, I will.probably end up selling my 5s lipos and just stick to my 4s which are safer in my noob hands. Changing the gearing everytime I change from 4s to 5s is not very realistic. Now just hoping that I wont have to buy a new esc.

6- i again gotta point toward that 39t idler gear as i did earlier in post #12. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you should consider returning it to stock whether you choose to run 4s or 5s.

It does jack your rpm but it overworks the hell outta the esc. Bankrupter and i run near identical fluxes both on hyperion 5s & my esc fan never comes on (stock idler) and his comes right on (39t idler).

jon also took the 39t out of his flux shortly after installing it for the same reason when he had his flux.

its evil

evil clown

If the system is only a month old the warranty still stands. Ideally it should not have blown but should have thermally shut down.

The internal caps can blow with the use of cheap batteries but we can't prove in all honesty.

I was running hyperion 35c 5500mah. Thought they were supposed to be pretty good. should I start looking for different lipos?

Randy, can he send the esc in & have a technician inspect it or has the warranty expired?

6- i again gotta point toward that 39t idler gear as i did earlier in post #12. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you should consider returning it to stock whether you choose to run 4s or 5s.

It does jack your rpm but it overworks the hell outta the esc. Bankrupter and i run near identical fluxes both on hyperion 5s & my esc fan never comes on (stock idler) and his comes right on (39t idler).

jon also took the 39t out of his flux shortly after installing it for the same reason when he had his flux.

its evil

evil clown

I also took this out long ago ... 44/20 with stock idler is the best for 4-5 or 6. these weigh too much to push them (and mines all carbon)
I also have the 5500's Fred has the 6500's if I'm not mistaken. We have not seen each other since we built our flux's months ago. (I'm still mad he talked me out of a tuggy into this this thing)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta love the mail man! Not sure what I'm gonna do with this now though. This thing was sick on 5s, until it fried, but I think I liked the stock setup better on the 4s, which I think I'm gonna stick with. Maybe it'll just go in the garage sale I'm gonna put together shortly. Who knows.

Picture.jpg

So first off "HEY GUYS I'm BACK!" this is my first post since my hiatus back in july (due to being in Afghanistan)

Anyways i built a custom savage flux while i was out here and used all team tekin stuff becuase of a few things
1.) they are awsome
2.) Build quality is amazing
3.) Customer service is great (especialy Randy, got to give him props)
4.) they have a 50% military discount

Although i plan to start a thread on my build when i make it all the way home, i will say this, i did the tekin T8 1550kv with a 20t pinnion and 43 tooth spur on 5S from maxamp, and the thing is...well A SAVAGE BEAST!!! (insert manical laghter).

only thing i had to do was take a dremmel to the motor mounts becuase it is a finned can and is about 1 milimeter thicker in diameter that the stock motor.

also tekin makes great stuff, i have been running my savage in the toughest of tough enviroments in the worst conditions and the only problem i have had is a stripped gear in my TTR ace 1015 servo.....thats it! Anyways, i got to get back to my room and continue to pack and get ready to head home in the next few weeks.

Welcome back Deathrage. Glad to see the tekin has done you well. I'm still running mine as well. I like the smooth lowend. Crawl and race with the same truck.

I'm happy to help out guys. I've been into the Savage since the original one I got as a gift.

Deathrage. Thank you for serving our country. Safe travels home sir.

Hey Randy what do you think about me running my 2250 system in a Hyper 10sc 4x4 short course truck. I would like to get one or your sc motors but I figured it might be good with the right gearing. Would there be any reason to get a different esc for the sc motor or will the Rx8 work fine? I will surely have the sc motor in it before next racing season but just want to get it up and running now.

I've used a 2650 in a Hyper 10 and had good success. The 2250 would need a HUGE pinion unless you're going to run 3s or more.

Yes the Rx8 is the perfect esc for this class. It's what I use.

Ok thanks. I will probably throw the motor in and see what sized pinion will work. I think I have an 18, 21, and 25 to try right now.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back