which is the best engine and tuned pipe ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bin DXB

hi there

i want to bye a new 28 engine ,tuned pipe and a 3 speed for the savage x

which is the best engine for the savage and tuned pipe , is the ofna pipe jp3 or 6 or ..... good ?? and what about axial 32 engine , ofna picco 28 , rb TM728 < rb ST28 ,novarossi Plus 28 3 Port , lrp 28 , and the os 30 vg

What ya got to spend on an engine.

The Picco 28 P3 is about the best for the buck. It matches well to the MAC's pipes or the Dynamite or OFNA 086 Pipe as well. The JP3 or 6 would be great pipes as well.

If you got money to spend a Rossi is a great mill but the Picco will give you close to the same benefits for a much better price.

i will spent 300$ mabye i will bye a picco engine because all people say the picco 28 engine is a good engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
my Picco should be here today so after the break-in I'll let you know. I asked around and did allot of research, and from what I've found the Picoo seems to be about the best mill regardless of cost, If you want more power just have it modded.

thanks i want to ask you some think which is better picco or rb , my friend told me the rb engines the rpm begin form 38000+ to 45000 is this true ??? i want to bye the rb 28 engine but the piston and sleeve very Expensive about 150 or 100+ $

all I can say is I never heard anything bad about the picco, and the parts look to be really reasonable thats why I didn't do the rb.

The RB is probably a tad better mill. It has a name for its self like a Rossi. However for the extra money is it worth it over the Picco. I'd have to say not. Just my take on it. I have never seen an RB run. Italian engines are great.

The RB is probably a tad better mill. It has a name for its self like a Rossi. However for the extra money is it worth it over the Picco. I'd have to say not. Just my take on it. I have never seen an RB run. Italian engines are great.
What RB is the question? a few are no better than a rtr mill. same with the rossi bottom shelf for both the picco is better.

BOth links above are the same mill

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree banker with your comments.
or RB and rossi.

As to your links, Bank is correct. Lots of sellers seem to use the old pictures of the P3. The P3 with out the fancy marking on the head is the most current one.

I thought the Picco has carb sealing issues, but is a super strong engine otherwise. I recall reading a few recent post on RCuniverse.com in the HPI truck section on how to seal the carbs. Once the carb is good, then it's a trouble free and very powerful engine.

The carb sealing issues were on the old .26 or .27 cant remember. This engine is taking over that engine. They have also changed the carbs completely. The new carbs I believe are plastic not aluminum.

I have never heard of an issue with the carb sealing on the P3 28. Can you link us to this page you found?

I'm not sure I have never seen that pipe. Looks pretty cool. Kind of Spendy for being just a tuned pipe. If I were spending that kind of $$ id go Buku.

The header on that sucker looks like its pretty close meaning distance between where the pipe mounts and the header mounts to engine. May just be the picture thought.

Latest posts

Members online

Back