which engine is better, Axial 28RR or OS 30VG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-Crazy

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum, I currently have OS 30vg on my Savage X and thinking to get a Axial 28RR. Did anyone use this engine? and how's it compare to 30vg? I need some input.

Last edited by a moderator:
some of the guys have the OS and axial. I like the OS myself. Look at the LRP to. guys say it has more kick than the os.

I have run the RR and have horrible luck with it, some have had good luck though. I will not buy another. The OS is a great mill with great low end power and is very durable and easy to tune as i'm sure you have seen.

The LRP will beat the OS hands down but will be a touch harder to tune by a little bit but is much cheaper. Another great mill that will actually over power both is the Picco P3. It is very similar to the LRP but has a little better build.

All 3 are great mills, just my .02.

Between the RR and the VG I would go with the vg, but if it was me I would go with the LRP, It can be had for 160ish, and it plain rips. The lrp makes more hp, and a tad less torque, 74oz-in vs 70, but thats negotiable since it has a stronger powerban and does not lack in top end at all.
If your upgrading from anything Hpi then get the lrp you will never look back, it seems to be most popular engine these days.

this video shows whats its capable of, not even fully tuned it rips.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=gYm-EORbw1k

I have heard<---- many more horror stories about that RR than any good. Not including Larsonracings post. I will never try it do to them.

ya i've heard alot of people having problems with the owb "one way bearing" on the axial rr but apparently the axial 28 spec 1 is a fairly reliable engine but i would go LRP!! I'm running the xtm 457 pro truck engine which is pretty much the duplicate of the LRP, it looks the same and has the same specs and all i can say is its a powerhouse and holds a tune better then most!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back