wheels are moving when throttle off , idling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hetch161

Wheels move while idling carb is.close do I need to tune engine

Are they moving pretty good ? Or slow ..might need to turn your idle Forbes .or on the remote you might need to adjust the throttle trim slightly.. if your running aluminum clutch shoes. You might check them to as they get burs on them and don't fully release once they have wear on them.. also if you have your Carb set to lean it'll bring up the rpms up to.. hope this gives you a start to the problem and gets you fixed.. if not give us some more info on your set up and well get you taken care of. ..

sounds like max has ya covered, but i noticed it was your first post so i wanted to welcome you to the forum!!!!!

my clutch engaches when i turn the eletric starter...
It's not too big deal, as long as the engine doesn't rev down when the breaks are put on.

thanks for the fast reply guys, been here reading alot never posted til yesterday, any way i have savage 4.6, as many newb starting to getting a little more then frustrated, so far broken savy in about a month ago and doing so, clutch bearing exploded , hpi said probably faulty bearing they replace for free, since then probably quarter of gal of fuel through it got tune very well,next probablem bearing exploded again, bought new ones , one way bearing starting to slip , i clean and inspected moter and sealed engine bearing looked fine uppon inspection, that leaves me up to now , it started after a while yesterday seemed more powerful also setting on carb was all at factory , pull start starting to slip again, moter wont start , screw now loose on clutch bell , yanking it apart once again, now when i start to tighten screw on clutch bell i cannt screw all the way in or bell wnt spin, i replace all bearing washer screw u name it , getting ready to drive down the highway and throw out the window, so now do i need a one way bearing ? and what else new clutch bell , crankshaft? any help? thanks

it sounds like you need to shim your clutch ... i reccomend using the ofna shim kit for the cluchbell shimming.

You seem pretty covered here, but id suggest an update in the clutch depo :)

For the clutch shoes i'd go with the dynamite max lifes :
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product.../n/Dynamite-Max-Life-Aluminum-Clutch-Shoe-Set

for the springs 1.0 mugens:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...products_id/1798/n/Mugen-Clutch-Spring-10mm-3

For nice set up. I'm running the K4.6 HO with this set up and i have about 2 gallons on them and they hook up real nice. Use the stock HPI collet it works just as fine as the mugen.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

Also. Use a smallville piece of fuel tubing on the crank to hold the clutch bell bearings in place and lock tight the screw in place ..sounds like the bearings are getting atleast up on the end of the clutch bell due to the screw running against it and eating into the bearing..

After the clutch is seated with bearing and back washer there is metal spacer and then the screw goes in with locktite that's the way I've been doing it,this time won't tighten so.hard. why is one way making pull start slip again , bearing is.good. also used rubbing alcohol to clean out fuel again and slipping.is gone , is there always this.many issues with nitro trucks

It gets better, I remember my first nitro........men I wanted to throw that thing in the trash. Be patient and I suggest you brake it down, get to know your truck and make sure everything is in place, screws tight and use the manual. It was very helpful to me,

very aggravated , replaced flywheel ,spacer , shoes ,spring, once engine warmed up a little even though carb is at closed well the lowest possible setting engine wines up a little and makes wheels spin , what now its driving me insane
thanks

very aggravated , replaced flywheel ,spacer , shoes ,spring, once engine warmed up a little even though carb is at closed well the lowest possible setting engine wines up a little and makes wheels spin , what now its driving me insane
thanks

Is your throttle trim on your transmitter turned to much?
If its turned up to much it will effect your idle therefore your wheels will be spinning.

Not that bro, thanks thkough , carb is closed at idle

Latest posts

Members online

Back