Wheelies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thatnitrolife

My savage is pretty much all aluminum I’m thinking the weight won’t let it up because is an x with a 5.9 engine any suggestions?

Running stiffer clutch springs is a sure way to get better wheelies. The clutch wont engage until higher rpms, so it hits a lot harder when it engages. Another thing you can do is set the ride height as high as you can, this will also make a big difference

Thanks I have aluminum shoes on the way as well I’ll look at adjusting the ride height is there a better clutch set up alternative upgrade that fits?

A good tune or a better motor (never had a 5.9), need good grip surface and not heavy wheels/tyres, XL is longer wheel base so wheelies less than X. Your bling aluminium is the issue being heavier.

Thanks I have aluminum shoes on the way as well I’ll look at adjusting the ride height is there a better clutch set up alternative upgrade that fits?

The springs are what matters, the thicker they are the higher the rpm's will be before they let the shoes swing out. I'm running 1.1mm springs on mine with dynamite shoes

Right on thanks. What’s a good replacement for the 5.9 wanting to get as close to or more power than that engine if possible?

Latest posts

Members online

Back