Wheel problems with my Savage Flux

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampyajc

Hi All

I wonder if you can advise me.
I bought a second hand Savage which is in really good condition.

Every time I use it the back right wheel flies off.

So I bought a new set of nuts and screwed it on tight last night with lock tight.

Used the rc for about two minutes and then noticed the plastic wheel (same right hand side back one) has shredded against the nut and come loose. The nut has not moved.

My question are..

1. Does anyone know what the problem is?
2. Last question what is the part name for the screw piece with the thred that you put the wheel and nut on?
3. Do you think the back wheel has just done its time or have I done something wrong?

I am worried that if I fork out for new wheels the new one will shred as well :(

so you mean the wheel hex in the rim stripped out correct? If so then you need a new rim.
The threaded part that it sits on is really just called an "axle" go to ebay and out in "savage axle" it'll probably come up

Take a look at the link below. Upbasher is right. In the back of your rim is a hex location where the hex hub goes, it's what actually turns your wheel. If either the hex hub or the wheel hex is stripped or warped then they no longer grab each other to turn the wheel. If it where me I would replace both the hex hubs and rims that are having issues.

http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/86066

Thanks Guys

I have bought some new hexs for the Flux the pack has 14 and 17mm and apparently both work.
I will next get some new more rims. More expense! lol

Now its a case of what wheels to get!

I think I will get pre-fitted tyres on new rims. :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back