What To do

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siscokid

Just purchased a second hand savage from ebay, and person who sold it me said it been sitting in his garage since he broke the engine in and done few laps around the garden with it, and i would say to extreme 4 yrs ago, and its been sat in his garage until i was the lucky owner.
my question is what should i presume that hes telling the truth and just check its tuned correctly or should i start a fresh and set everything back to factory settings. as i work nights I'm only going be able to start it up and have a bash at weekend so the more help on this thread the quicker it will for me to have a proper good bashing session thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would replace all the fuel line and put back to factory settings.. Also rinse the tank out with some nitro to clean it out..

Last edited by a moderator:
Check over it and make sure all screws / nuts are tight. Check diff's to make sure they are there and not chewed. Use fresh battery / hump pack. Test all electronics before trying to start the mill.. Replace glow plug with new.. Attempt to turn the mill over by hand and make sure you can before you start pullin/roto start it, if its froze in there easy way to brake con-rod or roto gears / one way....

Thats all i got for now.. good luck man

thankyou for your response think its going be new fuel lines should i get a fuel filter as it seems not to have one I'm going to clean tank out ill see if it will start without setting nowt up if it does ill take it easy on 1st couple of tanks to get temp up then ill do what ever it needs doing, as for diffs and screws they all intact like i said its as new hardly used

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back