What Should I do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well as some of you know from the shoutbox, Ive cracked the crankcase on my savage 25.
09-06-08_1637.jpg

At first i thought it was just the flange and if i bolted it down, i wouldnt have a issue. Well 1 spur gear later and overheating issues I found that its not going to work. I drove the truck earlier and it kept running high heat, with a very rich mixture and wouldnt run right.
I took the engine off after seeing alot of play due to the crack and found that the crankcase is leaking from the split. SO heres my delemma. Should I buy a new crankcase for the 25 and port and polish the piston and parts (my brother does it) when its apart about $40, OR buy a Axial .28 1S for about $100 + Rotostart plate.

Whats the best route? Of course the new engine is better, but how and why, and is it worth it.

Thanks guys, especially Bank,and AllanQ, and HPI Savage25!

The only way to go is to get a new mill. That is the old 25. The new Crankcase is going to be at least $45 probably more. The piston and sleeve/rod are probably about cashed out. There are very good and much stronger mills out there for not a whole lot more than you will have into that used engine. Personally I would get the LRP or Picco P3. Great mills for the money.

PS>Your rolo back plate in the pict should fit the Axial .28 Spec 1S.

See the thing is that the 25 is a new engine, its only got 15 tanks though it max. The new crankcase is $45.

Thats what i'm talking about , great forum with great people to help out!
This forum rocks , if i could help i would .
SL.

^ Hell yeah. Its getting P&P'd. This is the route I'm gonna go. I need to start saving money for when I get married, so this hobby isnt gonna be helping. I need to save as mouch as I can.

I PM'd you back!

thats is true nothing like forums. I used to be on S/C all the time which is still a good site but the response time here is awsome

Cant beat quick response times.

I wanted to thank everyone who helped me!!!!!! Thank You!

BTW ^ Is my brother who is doing the P&P.

Latest posts

Members online

Back