What other rc's do you own?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering what it would take covert my 1/8 RS4 into a drifter, since I don't have any road tracks around where I live. I was thinking just a set of drift tires and a D-box but do they even make drift compounds big enough? Does anybody know about this?

I was wondering what it would take covert my 1/8 RS4 into a drifter, since I don't have any road tracks around where I live. I was thinking just a set of drift tires and a D-box but do they even make drift compounds big enough? Does anybody know about this?

Super nitro?
Sell it on eBay if it's still in good shape then buy a drifter. Those things still get a good penny if they aren't too beat up.

Or just remove the fwd and let it hang out.

I'll have to climb into my flame resistant suit before I respond to this thread,lol! okay here we go,

We have two Traxxas Hawks,two Hawk 2s,a Bullet/Hawk2 hybrid,a 2.5 up-graded 3906 E-maxx,two 1.5 T-maxxs,a Tamiya Sand Scorcher,a Midnight Pumpkin,A Clod Crawler project,a Kyosho Optima and a XTM Mammoth ST.

And last but not least,my poor old Savage 21[currently apart for a major rebuild,the previous owner was a serious animal/idiot],
stripped threads,missing screws,tweaked Integy TVPs,no guts in the front diffie, 4 bent shocks/all 8 leaking[and filled with 80/90 gear oil,no less!],a major compression leak[3 screws holding the cooling head on and only two were anywhere near tight] and a selection of wood and sheet metal screws holding it together,stripped wheel hexes[4 out of 6 rims] and I could go on but I'm guessing you get a general idea of just how messed up this beast is. As in bad enough that I've been watching for a roller so that I can use 2 trucks to make one runner.

Fortunately I got the Savage and a large Rubbermaid tote full of assorted goodies for $100.00[Canadian]It came with a two month old Mach 427 engine that flat out screams[now that it has four screws holding the head on.lol!],a NIP HPI Tuned/polished pipe and a new 4 spider diffie installed in the rear.
Even with its long list of problems, it is without a doubt the fastest Nitro machine the I have have ever driven and it has shredded two [used] front diffies since I bought it two years ago. But now I know a bit more about diff shimming.lol!

Savage X -- pretty much stock with a few upgrades
Nitro Rustler -- that is stupid fast
RC8B -- Need Servos, Mill, and Starter Box... I am looking forward to driving this.

I got an Exceed Blueray 450 PE off Xheli for $249 on a one day sale. This thing is sweet. I've got a lot to learn LOL, but I've learned quite a bit already.

all you have to do to make your rs4 a drifter is put drift tires on it. I picked up a rs4 racer 2 from larsen and its 4wd, the tread on the rubber tires is low and it just about drifts now with a os 12tr mill in it.

I don't know if they even make drift tires big enough for the 1/8 cars. It does work if I remove the front drive belt but the tires are still really sticky compared to ones used on the real drifters so it's hard to get those really long slides going and maintain a good angle.

I don't know if they even make drift tires big enough for the 1/8 cars. It does work if I remove the front drive belt but the tires are still really sticky compared to ones used on the real drifters so it's hard to get those really long slides going and maintain a good angle.

Just take the tires off and run on the rims for drifting. :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back