what is the best engine for savage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faisalbasha

Mr Nonsensical
i have always wondered which is the most powerful engine with the best quality is for the savage. i have come across several engine and they all disappointed me with something.

STS 30 - very strong engine but extremely bad quality and difficult to tune.
Axial 28 - strong but poor quality and easy to tune.
K4.6 - exact same as axial 28
PICCO 28 - extremely powerful, easy tuning and very high quality.

my opinion is the picco is #1 till now in my book.

what do some of you people have to say for #1 savage engine...

i have always wondered which is the most powerful engine with the best quality is for the savage. i have come across several engine and they all disappointed me with something.

only have experience with an F (& love it!), but ive seen & heard great things about all of the mills you have listed here from other members... I'm gonna venture to say that 'the best' mill is a matter of preference which is usually gained through experience with a particular mill.. I'm not aware that any 1 person has tested all available mills in all situations to come up with a best..
from what ive heard, the picco is a great choice & you didnt list any negative aspects of it so id say you just found your next mill bro...:peace:

not to mention LRP .28 which has good price and nice power, most member here are into it

ya the novarossi engines are actually one of the better engines but alot don't give them a shot because there alot more money then some of the others but like most things you get what you pay for!! as far as bang for your buck i would have to say LRP as it has loads of power at a reasonable price!!!

I am really liking my O.S. 30VG good power and good qaulity. Easy to tune and parts are availible most places...

The best engine for your Savage huuummmm thats a huge question kinda like the meaning of life. No one really knows unless they try a variety of mills!! Well I have and still the best engine for your Savage, are you ready for this, THE ONE THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO START AND DRIVE THE DAY OF THE TEST!!! End of the question!!!!! Stop this thread right here unless you want this kinda problem. I own a hobby store and R/C Modding Shop and if I'm wrong strike me down!!!!

i drive a honda civic and youre right...the civic engine is one of the top 5 engines ever made.!

whats the name of your hobby store and modding service..??

hollymolly...thats gonna be a strong engine

RB is 1 of the excellent quality engine, as they said previously u get what u paid for

with a hod mod on such an engine like RB or novarossi, u get a monster mill

Faisal, how you gonna run a new mill? Racer? basher? & what is your budget? you planning on getting it modded?

oh no no I'm not gonna buy an engine, i already bought the picco 28 and i sent it to Adam Belvins (ABmods) for a full mod and its a monster for sure no doubt... I'm just wondering if there is something else for the same money thats stronger than my picco ..i paid about 315 total for the engine/modding/shipping...

for the money? idk, but i'd be interested in your review when you get that modded picco back into your savage .... heh heh heh....

i got it back...I'm runnin my truck everyday almost and it is a brutal monster.....my truck is heavy too with the 40 series wheels and big joe tires....i also put the Savage X metal engine guard...my truck weighs about 11 lb and it moves like my previous mt2/18tz engine ....the picco is huge man....it runs like crazy...until now i havnt tried full speed and didnt get the truck to flip over for some reason because engine is so strong

i have a f4.6 on my savage (stock) and i'ev replaced it with an hpi k5.9 and it's a very fast one my savage x is very fast with this engine i think this engine is extreamly fast for this car you will eat them all
----------------------------
savage x 4.6

hpi k5.9 engine
high performence air filter
heavy dytie dog bones
heavy dytie axils
3 speed transmission
1200 mha hump pack
HPI POLISHED ALUM EXHAUST
dirt claws tiers
8 spoke wheels
super sport suspintion
hpi wheely bar
stanless steel disck braiks
49 tooth super gear
18 tooth raicing cluch bell

you wont eat my picco thats for sure....ABmodded picco is a tough one to beat. my truck is heavy 5kg = 11lb and can do 50mph

ill get you a video but its all snow here so i wont really be able to show you any high speed runs there is ZERO grip down here. Toronto/Canada. we got about 40cm of snow the past week. i tried running the truck today but it kept getting stuck cus the snow had just come down and its all fluff. ill show you some insane jumps soon hopefully once the snow ices up a little bit

i think i can beat your car my savy has reached a speed of 120 kmph wich is aprox. is a 72mph

ill get you a video but its all snow here so i wont really be able to show you any high speed runs there is ZERO grip down here. Toronto/Canada. we got about 40cm of snow the past week. i tried running the truck today but it kept getting stuck cus the snow had just come down and its all fluff. ill show you some insane jumps soon hopefully once the snow ices up a little bit

i think i can beat your car my savy has reached a speed of 120 kmph wich is aprox. is a 72mph

yeah faisal, the snow is really putting the brakes on our r/c fun.... we're just gonna have to wait till spring...
wow farmawi.... 72 mph is really unbelieveable... be careful with all that speed, you could end up with a ticket from the local p.d. :duh:

The best motor for a savage is the one you have on your truck. I bet you anything that when you take out your truck it puts a smile on your face what more could you ask for.

Latest posts

Members online

Back