Well, well, well, what the FLUX do we have here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think my shocks are in the same mount positions. I will double-check when i get home. Are you using the PRC skid plate? I'm just trying to think why mine bottoms & the PRC plate mounts up lower than the TVP's but i also laminated a 1/8" plastic sheet to the skid so idk, i'll look when i get home tonight.

DSC_0436.jpg

wow that is low! What are you wanting to do? speed runs?

Yeah Josh, you can do pretty much Anything you want: speed runs, huge air, back-flips, any of that.

Its like having the stability and lcg of a Revo with the bashaability of Savage.

Part of the reason i sport a Revo lid. Peeps think "pffft, he's got a Revo," then i take off the lid and

Muhhahahahahahhaaaa evil clown

THEY ARE AWESOME SHOCKS! i wanted to use them on my larger savage, but i don't think they do stiff enough springs for my fatty

Messed around with the mounting positions on the towers last night. Moved them all to the upper, outermost holes, and now it will bottom. Lost a little droop, but I see no other option.

I plan to run it like any other, just now its all black and $$$$$, lol

Sweet build 666. other then what you've done adding an extra skid like Fred is about it, I'd think. are the packs in the truck in the above pix? (posts 142 & 144)

Sweet build 666. other then what you've done adding an extra skid like Fred is about it, I'd think. are the packs in the truck in the above pix? (posts 142 & 144)

Thanks. Yes, the truck is very similar to frddys. Got alot of guidance from frddy, thank god. Yes the packs are in the truck in the pics.

the arm look to be above level, you could try lowering the ride height, that will increase the amount of droop you have. thats how I ended up getting some droop using the Jammin' big bores. my arms are a little below level.

Got my new charger and ps today. So far looks good. I will post back with results of what this setup can do. Got 2 5s lipos waiting to be tested, lol.

IMAG0215.jpg

Was out running the erevo today, and fried the slipper. Threw it back on the shelf and threw the 2 and 3s lipos in the flux to finish out the cycle and this. Guess its time to upgrade to the hardened tranny gears, lol. Thanks frddy for doing all the leg work!!!

IMAG0217.jpg

Was out running the erevo today, and fried the slipper. Threw it back on the shelf and threw the 2 and 3s lipos in the flux to finish out the cycle and this. Guess its time to upgrade to the hardened tranny gears, lol. Thanks frddy for doing all the leg work!!!

IMAG0217.jpg

yep..........

jeff get the kyosho shims in my thread so you can shim the bottom shaft then the gear pack to it. that way you take the slop out but even more importantly the whole gear surfaces with contact each other.

Got a few things today for the flux. Hyperion 35c 5000mah 2x 2s and 2x 3s and hardened lightwieght tranny gears. I ended up finding a 14t rr pinion, so that will go in with the dreaded high speed idler. I have been through 2 esc's already with the high speed idler, but with a 20t pinion. Hopefully, this will work without fire, lol. Already had enough of that. Wish me luck!!!!

IMAG0231.jpg

Well, turns out I had more than enough shims to shim out the slop and get near perfect alignment of the gears. Got everything back together and went to set my mesh, and, not done yet. Turns out, with the 14t pinion, to get correct mesh, the bolts hit the motor plate brackets, and ended up directly under the tvp. So once again, I removed the tvp, did a little dremel work on the aluminum bracket, set my mesh, and put the tvp back on for the final time. I coulda did some grinding on the tvp to make it possible to set my mesh without tvp removal, but don't want to jack my tvp. So in the future, I will just have to remove the tvp for any mesh adjustments. I will run with the new gearing as soon as I get a chance and report back.

hmmm... i just use a larger plastic spur so the 14t can mesh without any dremeling...

I loved my plastic spur... i was going through pinions (espeically smaller ones) very quickly... resulting in having to remove the motor and put a new pinion on every time.. .This way i could just take the top of the gear box off and replace a cheaper plastic spur which wore out slower and sounded cleaner and offered more contact surface area than a steel spur... helped me loads...... i ran a 47t plastic...

666 - thats a lot of dollar and bling running those batteries ;) me like a lot!

hopefully those lightweight gears work out for you, but i seemed to go through those faster than the stock cast gears.... just a heads up, if you end up shredding them in 5 runs...

You have a lot of hyperion goodies! I'm definitely jealous!

Latest posts

Members online

Back