Venom Creeper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreadnaught

Diesel Powered!
Hey y'all its been a while since i've posted on here. I bought a Venom Creeper this week, should be here today (friday). I'll make a build thread and whatnot, but i want your guy's thoughts on wheel weights and the like. i have a 206 oz-in servo for the steering, so thats not a problem.

Thanks for your help guys!:beer:

Shoot Joey (savageman46) a PM. We did some stuff to his Creeper that worked pretty good. Don't get sucked into buying those pricey wheel weights from venom. Great planes makes lead weights that you can put on the inside of your wheels and it works just as good.

sounds good. i got 2 of the remote diff lockers. but unfortunatly i only have a 3 channel remote. so untill i get a 5 channel (front dig) i'll just keep the other unit as a spare.

Here's some vids of my Creeper

http://www.hobbyzip.com/videos/688/rockin-und-rollin-at-hobbytown-usa.html

http://www.hobbyzip.com/videos/692/spi-rockers-commercial.html

You definitely want wheel weights. Weather you buy the ones that they make or the stick ons it doesn't matter, but you need weight on the front. Tom and I made a set for mine by melting lead in a mold and forming it to fit inside the tire around the rim.
Get a small LiPo and mount it on the servo. Putting a stick pack in the battery tray will make it top heavy.
What motor are you putting in?

Last edited by a moderator:
i bought a novak crawler combo. and unfortunatly, i am limited to stick packs. my charger doesnt do li-po's and i don't have the funds after this to get a new one.

i probably can get some car sized stock on weights and just cut them down can't i? (i can get them for free)

That's cool, I'm running the Novak Goat System in my AX-10. If you go to http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com and select the Axial AX-10 configuration (picture below), you can get a 4000 mah NiMH for around $30-$35.

ax10_6.gif

Or you can do like I do at the moment and that's melt down lead (fishing weights) into plates and place it on the axle...

img1609w.jpg
img1610x.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the help man.

i got it together mostly last night. all i need to do now is hook up the remote front locker, which isn't cooperating, and solder the motor wires on.

i did drive it for a minute, it will crawl straight up a wall with no problems. has a ton of torque with the 5000mah NiMH battery i have in it.

alright i finally got a chance to fully run this thing inside (minus the remote locking diff). I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT IT! i have that little kid at christmas smile that won't go away.

going outside now to run it on the rocks in our flowerbeds.

Welcome Back dread

hey bank, how's it going.

for the creeper, i didn't get a chance to take it out to the rocks, the dogs were out and they really enjoy biting my r/c's. i have the day off of work tomorrow so i'll end up doing something or other with it. maybe i'll actually paint my first body...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back