Vantage pipe, had to modify, will it still work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tatter

New member here. My friend who runs a local track out here is helping me get into nitro. He helped me purchase a used Savage (as far as I can tell, it's an SS) for $200. We put in a 4.6 out of a hellfire and pretty much rebuilt it just to make sure everything worked right. It came with the standard black plastic pipe, but in the included bag of parts was a new carbon fiber Vantage pipe.
Problem was, the header on it was too long and it wouldn't clear the shocks (so I'm guessing it wasn't meant for a Savage to begin with). So after thinking about it, I decided to uncouple the header and use the rubber coupling and zip tie it to the old header. I had to drill out the mounting hole going to the frame, but otherwise it fits. I've run it a little bit and it seems to be fine (ate a spur gear, running is over for today). But are these things specifically matched to certain engines (tune wise)? I'm sure it was meant for something else, but I can't see letting it just sit there (it's so pretty... and apparently expensive). Will it work for what I'm using it for or am I better off getting a mtched pipe down the road? Thanks.

You should be ok useing the stock header. as long as everything lines up. I do not see any problem doing that. you could allway write vantage and get the proper header for the pipe.

actually buddy the vantage pipe works fine on a savage there not really made for a specific brand but maybe new it comes with the right header I'm not sure just make sure theres no exhaust leaks and you will be fine. you will find alot of exhausts work on all kinds of different motors "I'm using the hpi ribbed pipe on a xtm 457 engine" and i've heard the vantage pipe is a really good one, oh and by the way WELCOME TO THE FORUM

I think it should be ok as well. But you can get the vantage header for the savage on ebay. try typing in the part number. I'm pretty sure its HD0030. Good luck!! And welcome!!

Yes welcome to the forum! And post up some pics of your truck.

Latest posts

Members online

Back