Upgraded Wheel Nuts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could give these a try:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/axial-8x20x3mm-m5-locking-wheel-washer-4-axi31087/p413178

I ran them on something of mine with savage like hubs... can't recall if it was one of my revos or one of my savages. I think I ran them on my savage flux before I changed to some other modified hubs. They only caught 3-4 threads, but they held up better than the HPI ones you find these days.
2017-0602-HPIFlangeNutsCompareBroken.jpg

The one on the far left is an old HPI flange nut. The 3 on the right are the ones you find now with the same part # as the old ones. I broke quite a few as I used them on all 3 of my revos and my 2 savages. The flange part was so thin, that it just bends/rips off entirely. Which is why I tried the axial ones.

I have been running the axial nuts on my savage cd v2 ( 6s LiPo ) and they have been brilliant. Don't have to worry about them coming loose anymore (y)

This thread cost me about 12 hours of my life... I was attempting to edit an old photo of mine where I had the axial on the front and hpi on the rear. I was editing the photo to move the tires close to each other so the photo wasn't so wide. Copy/pasting a large chunk of it locked up my pc... in the end, my primary SSD failed and the boot sector is trashed.

So... here's the stupid photo. lol!
2018-0313-SavageFlux-AxialWheelNutCompare-AXI31087.jpg

@olds97_lss Nothing is quite as satisfying as wasting 12 hour of your life to never get back,
WE APPRECIATE IT MAN !! If for no other reason than to see somebody else burning day-light for the benefit of another.

Latest posts

Members online

Back