two needle carb body for wasp .28

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dstrbd1

hello,
my name is chris and I'm new to the rc nitro trucks. i have a savage with a wasp .28 motor in it. i know most people hate the motor, but i have had pretty good luck with mine. the question i have is this. i was wondering if there was a two needle carb that will fit this motor. the three needle is a bit of a pain and since my 5yr old adjusted all my needles, including the spray bar, i cannot get it to stay running. any help?

I cant answer your question, but wanted to welcome you to the forum. I am sure someone will post up an answer to your question soon.

The axial or surefire .32 carb will fit, it is a three needle as well but a much better carb all around.

an answer to my prayers

thanks for the help and the welcome. i will check out those two carbs. have you ever run those brands or do you know anything about them? also, what makes them an easieror better carb?

also, which carb settings do i use, the axial or the wasp?

The wasp carb is kink of crappy, even at full throttle the lsn needle never pulls all the way out of the fuel nipple inside the carb. Both the carbs I mentioned are made by the same manufacturer and have the same part #'s, they are also less touchy when it comes to tuning. You should be able to find them pretty easy, heck I have two just sitting here lol. I wouldn't invest alot of money on that engine but you should be able to find a new carb pretty cheap. Good luck.

thanks for the info. the unfortunate part to this whole thing is when i got the engine with my savage, he gave me an extra piston and sleeve and connecting rod. and like i said, i love the power of the engine. hope this carb fixes my problem.thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Back