tuning problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacomatrd08

i have a savage 25 and my cousin has the same truck with a .28 motor in it... yesterday we went out to do some bashing and fired up both trucks... they both started up with no problems. we ran them for a few mins and then his died. it would start right up and idle perfectly but as soon as you give it gas it would bog out and die... we put the high speed needle in farther and farther every time and it would rev up a little more but still die with wide open throttle... it went threw over 1 tank of gas while we were doing this... it would dump it out the exhaust.. so we figured its too rich so we kept turning it in. the air filter was soaked at this point too. we got it to run and drive eventually but it wouldnt shift out of first gear at all.. we thought the glow plug was dead, took it out and it still glowed with the ignitor on it.. swapped it out anyways and no affect.. then we thought it was bad gas because he was running cheap stuff so we dumped it out and he put some of my blue thunder gas in it. that didnt really do anything.. we tried for over 2 hours to get his running and we had to give up becuase both of our roto starts died. its just wierd becuase it would fire right up and idle all day long without any hesitation at all.. while he was doing that i would occasionally start mine up and it ran perfect @ 280*.... anyone have this problem or have any ideas?

ps. his spur gear is rounded because when we put the engine back in this season it wasnt aligned properly... we highly doubt that would cause this but who knows???

thanks for reading my novel and any suggestions would be great.. thanks!!!

Check gear mesh. I have had a couple times before that when I landed a jump badlly that the motor shifted. One time it shifted so the bell didn't tough the spur at all. Another time it jammed it so tight that as soon as I gave it throttle it would die. If it isn't that somthing may have bent or broke so that it is binding the drivetrain. You say it starts and runs just fine until you hit throttle. It sounds like one of the above issues to me.

"we put the high speed needle in farther and farther " what do you mean there were you turning the hsn to the right or left ?

Latest posts

Members online

Back