TRAXXAS vs SAVAGE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
never had a hellfire but looks fast on the vids, my savage I have had since they first came out, it is the or should say was the savage 21, it is well past that now, the only things that broke on it was the dog bones, upgraded to hd dogbones and haven't had that prob again, drive cups always wore out so upgraded to hd cups again no prob,, I will say the savage is awsome.

a tmaxx 2.5 was my first rc truck but it used to run soooo hot it actually caught fire and i ended up parting out what was useable lol now i run the sav x and i love it!!

I had a S#%* tmaxx everytime i ran it something broke so I sold everything I had for a $100. Now I have a savage SS and had nothing but good luck with it I have only broke a lower a-arm so I upgraded to rpm all the way around I have to say hpi makes one hell of a truck very happy with it and I will always buy hpi. I'm thinking of getting a Hellfire next does anyone have any input on it?

I just got a hellfire used and so far it's amazing. I don't know how much I would bash it but for tracks it's much more at home. I grenaded a diff bearing and popped a front arm out of the holders. It does need some upgrades done to it as it's the rtr, if you pick one up try to get the ss. They really aren't much to compare because they are designed to do different things. I can put a smackdown on the revos that show up at our new track and I've only had this thing for a week.

I work on trucks for alot of guys around here and my experiences are for dependability, the savage is the toughest, hands down. shocks would be the weakest link. The lst2 would come in second with the bottom bulk head screws and the front spindles. The Revo would be third with control arms and turnbuckles always breaking. These weak links can be fixed with some aftermarket parts. Just a few bucks can make your truck into a tougher basher.

Latest posts

Members online

Back