TRAXXAS vs SAVAGE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagecre

When running my savage today a neigbor that lives way down the street came by and were going to bash together he's never heard of the savage before and was watching me run over my jump and then when I opened it up and he heard the three shifts he about @#$#@ his pants and he told me his truck brakes all the time lol I said yeah Ive heard that about those trucks. I told his about my WOT run into a curb and all I broke was a 5.00 peice and was up and running two min later. Cant wait to bash with him and run circles around his truck not sure what traxxas truck he has... but it will be good

If it breaks alot it is definately a tmaxx lol. I have a revo, and I can honestly say it will bash well with a savage. I had it since september and only broke one part. But you should have no problems beating the crap out of a tmaxx.

iv got a buddys t maxx that I'm working on for him. all i can say so far is it doset even deserve to sit next to the savage on the floor. the truck cant run anywhere near as good as the savage. it cant take 1/4 the abuse the savage can. from what iv seen its a street car with big tires. my old electric rustler is tougher than the t maxx is.

Yeah, Maxxes are pretty light duty. I was hesitant to buy my revo because of my experiances with maxxes, but they did a good job with the revo. The maxx truck I had was OK, but it just didnt hold up like I wanted it to. It is an excellent truck for a kid, but if you like to bash hard, it just wont hold up too good.

It's pretty amazing how we treat out Savages. Think about it. If you had say, a Power saw or Table saw or a $ 500 piece of furniture would you throw it against the wall or roll it down stairs ? Or jump it over a house? In the case of furniture if your kid put a drink on it with out a coaster would you or your wife have a cow? uhhh yeah ! But we take our trucks and bash the hell out of them and then complain when they break ! LOL I do it too ! I was watching a video of 3 savages all smashing in to a dirt wall and was thinking $1500 worth of r/c trucks wow ! what we do for fun ! LOL !!!!!! Rick

yeah my savage is only 2 months old and looks like it went to war. Its got all kinds of battle scars. I need a new body really soon Ive got holes in it but have only broke one part like I said for 5.00 I love my savage I think I should probably by a food and water dish for it LOL....

T-maxx vs Savage

I have a Tmaxx 3.3 and a Savage X. The T-maxx is much faster than the X but when it comes to stability the X has it hands down. I have broken 5 roto starts and HPI sent me an Email saying there is a fault in the gears so they are sending me two new ones and a few gear sets. But I have the pull start and it works fine. I drive both trucks with my kids and we get a kick out of them and that's all that really counts anyway.

thats the truth Ive got 3 girls they look at and say its to loud to fast and sssscccaaarrryyy...... its funny But i guess when I'm chasen them around it would be scary!!

My X has a tuned pipe but it's not to loud. But my T-Maxx has a tuned pipe with quad exhaust out the back and it is LOUD! If your behind it trying to start it or check things over it rings your bell. It's like putting your ear to a tuned pipe on a .12 wide open no load. Ouch! I'm going to try to put one on my X. There goes the neighborhood. RD Logics makes the pipe. sweet.:)

I chase my kids and there friends around some. Were I live I have horse back riders cut across my property. I had two of them come out the woods when my wife and I went by at speed with the tmaxx and x. the horses didn't know what to make of it. If you have ever seen a horse get freaked out it's kind of funny. It could have gone bad but they froze instead of bolting.;)

Well me and my neigbor were going to bash today but It looks like his motor wont start so mabey another day....

That's the other thing about my X over the tmaxx. When the X starts it stays running no tweeking. My T you have to baby it here and there. I just put a three speed in my X but the stupid shift points are right on top of each other so now I get to run some pull the trany cover and play with the settings. Not Fun.:(

my three speed tranny was not that bad. turned it in 1/8 th of a turn couple times and bam shifts killer .I found a site that explains how to port the hpi .25so thats my next venture..

It blows that they put the 4.1 in the X instead of the 4.6 so the SS has a HP advantage on the X. I was reading about some guys having problems with there front diffs so I might upgrade the bulk heads and gears next. :)

really they put a smaller motor in thats kinda stupid there latest newest truck and its slower thatn the others.. well you can always upgrade ..

Ythe X has the 4.1 engine. The 4.6 has 3HP in the SS and the 4.1 has 2.75HP. SS has more not much but it is more. I guess you have to cut costs some place. But that's life. I was looking at the CEN motors. They have 5HP at 23,000 RPMs. Blows the doors off the stock HPI motors. I just have to look at the shaft length. Might have to beef up the gears here and there. But it could be fun.;)

5 hp are you sure that sounds like way too much motor man.. you wont be able to control the thing after you put one of those in it. the sts .28 is a good motor not sure of the hp but it would be big time wheelies and thats no where near 5 hp........

The CEN truck is called the nemesis 7.7 It's 1/8th scale and crazy fast. Or the Genesis 46. I got the 3 speed tweeked and good to go. My T-Maxx 3.3 is still faster but I have to do some work on the handling. To flip happy. I broke a U joint when i did a bad landing but it was cool 5.00 part so I'm not sweating bullets with the wife. I got to get some picts of the nice flips. http://www.cenracing.com/ Till next time.:D

My neigbor and I bashed this week end for hours Untill we crashed into eachother his T maxx is not fairing too well its almost in two pieces NOT Kidding it was so incredible that I wish you could have seen itI did sufer but I still got to drive the rest of my tank out. My body is now ready to be hung on the wall of greatness......Savage 2 T-maxx 0 We set up a ramp he wanted it to be small so I made it small till I got tired of It and had to have AIR he would not jump that much after that he kinda wants to keep it new looking (wussss)lol hes a good guy just very protective the we raced around and can at eachother and CRASH his body can off and the front wheel broke and was hanging on I broke a piece of my front bumper off Oh well...SAVAGE RULED THE DAY.

Cool! I broke my T-Maxx Sat. then broke it again Sun. I put four huge dents in my tuned pipe and tore up a cv joint. I'm going to order the T-Maxx alum. kit. I'm going to leave the A arms stock but everything will be metal or carbon fiber. My X is going to get the same thing I think or maybe I'll do the 4x4 kit that turns it into a 1/6 scale truck. But I'm not sure I have to do some research on the kit and company. Your friend should have gotten a savage. But the Traxxas guys are saying the same thing on there forums.:p

hey its always greener on the otherside( NOT) there is no way that a t- maxx can take the punishment that a savage can( this is stricly my opinion and should not be taken litterally).......but its true... Ive seen first hand.

I just looked and ate up my spur gear? What the hell! I guess I ate it up when I banged up my pipe.

hey thats funny I just looked and I think somthing is wrong with my steering servo Ive got a lot of play that I did'nt remember.....?

Ouch dude. I will say that my X is 10 times the truck than the T-Maxx. That is in handling. I found a new in boxSH28 3.6 H.P motor for 164.00and a racers edge 3.56H.P motor for 199.00 and a Werks Racing Collari for 167.00 with 3.6 H.P. Do you know anything about these companies?

Ive herd things about the collari but not the rest I was looking at the Dynamite mach 427 and the O.S. .30 and the sts .28 as possible motor upgrades BUT I'm going to port out my .25 first to see whats up found a site that gives real good Instructions on that motor( the hpi .25 and he gained 10 mph faster top end and covers 132 feet in 3.89 seconds hes got it down even has a dyno read out of the stock vs. the ported motor its pretty cool hes doing it all by hand but I'm going to do it on a milling machine at work I'm lucky that way I work at a machine shop....

the sts .28 has been test out by jrstorm here on this site its only like 121 to 134 dollars and a very noticable difference.

Latest posts

Members online

Back