TRAXXAS vs SAVAGE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucky stiff. Working at a machine shop. Lots of things can be made for a truck with that equipment.

I go out regular with my savage with my mate who owns a T-Maxx and they seem pretty on par with each other except for the fact that every time we go out his T-Maxx seems to end up with at least one thing broken on it. So my opinion is that the savage is loads more durable, and I love it!;)

I just ordered the Racers Edge Sure Fire 32 for my X. When I get it I'm going to put my 4.1 in my T-Maxx and store the 3.3. I should be ok with that engine right?

It'll fit and everything, but my friend did it and it is real hard on the drivetrain parts. It wasn't the new t-maxx, and I'm not sure what they have done to the new one, but it looks cool. It also made his real torky(I think that's a word) and threw the balance off a bit, but other than that it was quite a bit faster than the 2.5, and a blast until it broke...then broke....then broke.lol.

My engine will be here on the 24. this is going to get very interesting because my diffs do get here untill tuesday. I think I might break something.:eek:

This blows I pulled my 4.1 and a big block will not fit the T-Maxx 3.3. Now I have a 4.1 without a home and a T-Max that was torn down for nothing. I should have done more research. BOOOOOOOOOOoooooo

I'll keep the 4.1 it is a good engine. The savage didn't want it's old engine put in a nasty little traxxas.:eek:

You know this thread is funney LOL, a friend of mine "had" a traxxas t-max, I met him last year when I was running my then bran new Savage with another buddy witch was running his two weak old Savage, he seen us playing and thought he could show us up with his t-max. Whell we where just still takeing it easy with ours, I was breaking my Savage in and my buddy was still geting use to the handleing of his so of corse he ran circles round us with his t-max.
With in two months we where climbing right over him like a toy, our new stalk Savages out ran his modifyed T-Max in a streight drag pluss with our higher ground clearance we whent simpley where he could not.
That first summer i spent maby bout $30 in repairs (Front lower control arm[hit post] and bout 2 spur gears) He was repairing his almost after every run. Last fall he finnaly gave in and sold his T-Max with all his so called bells and whisels he had on it and got a Savage SS.
Now I can say he is "Up to par in trucks" LOL :)
And just think I was going to get the t-max myself, but the store was sold out so I got the savage, Whooo that was a close one
HAIL THE SAVAGE HAIL THE OFF ROAD R/C GOD

That's funny dude. My t maxx went to my son.
The savage stays with me.

Just got off the Traxxas forums and if you talk about another truck or aftermarket engines you pick up forum roe? Gay!

Savage Wipes The floor!!

Wow, just had a blinding day! Spent hours bashing with both my 21(now running fine) and 25. There were 5 of us, 4 Savages 1 T-Maxx and 1 Revo. They were all on par acceleration but the savages have so much more mid-range! They handled better on the rough stuff and won on the straight racing. The 3-speed ltd came first-WOW what a difference to acceleration that extra gear makes. Anyway, the T-Maxx and Revo spent half the day being fixed and fiddled with whilst the savages just kept on going. The Savage has a better ground clearance and is a lot more durable.

Overall, the Savage's clearly won the day as all four were still running after about 5 hours, with no damage or problems. The T-Maxx broke the steering and couldn't run and the Revo would just not start any more! The Revo owner now wants a savage too!! Says it all!!!! SAVAGE IS KING!:D

we've said that from the start. i should never have bought my 3.3 t maxx

tmaxx can't hang with the savage.

My other truck is a T-Maxx, it's been relativley o.k.,but that 2.5 goes through glow plugs like anything, always seems to run hot, and it just seemed like I was always tweaking and tuning the thing, instead of having fun. (which is kinda the point of spending all that time and money on these things.)

My sons 3.3 breaks the rear universal joint at the diff. the metal spider rips the plastic universal in half. gone through three of them.

Well the 3.3 in my sons truck went south. So I have to send it to traxxas to fix or replace. But nothing else broke. I should have bought another X.
Savage Trucks Rule!:cool:

Yeah, I don't care for traxxas motors too much, I sold the one that came in my revo and bought a picco for it. The revo is a very durable truck with RPM arms, but maxx's just cant hold up. I have only broken my revo once, and that was on Tajma ramp. In the revo's defense, my savage broke the same part on the same ramp one day later lol. The only truck to survive one full tank on that ramp so far is my warhead.

The connecting rod pulled away from the piston without breaking the pin. Then it came back and hit the piston so hard it closed the connecting rod back together. Busted the piston good though.

all traxxas stuff sucks, i had a tmaxx and a savage and i drove the savage all day and broke like 2 5.00 parts and then took my tmaxx out and it was destroyed in about an hour. i sold it on ebay about a week later

jmlampert23 said:
all traxxas stuff sucks, i had a tmaxx

So youre basing your opinion of all traxxas products on your experience with a t-maxx? :rolleyes: The maxx is an outdated design, and the revo isn't. I understand this is a savage board, and I love savages, but the revo is a great truck.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I will say this. My sons maxx is a hanger queen. My buddies revo has breaking issues also. It might be a good truck but my experience with it is limited. I can only base my opinion on the t maxx with my personal observations and the problems others have had with it.

Every truck is gonna have it's weak points. Revo has it's a-arms and carrier bearings, t-maxx has the chassis and everything bolted to it, the MGT has the shocks and tie-rods, savage has diffs and 1\2 tank lean. I wasn't commenting on anything you said, just the comment at the top of the page where someone said "all traxxas sucks I had a tmaxx".

HAD a tmaxx. I really like the part about the chassis and everything bolted to it.

But it looked like a good truck. I'm just pissed because pound for pound it can't handle half the abuse my Savage takes. Other than that I think we've beat a dead horse when it comes to the maxx.

Well now this thread has some stories now its like Savage vs. Aftershock...lol

I had a S#%* tmaxx everytime i ran it something broke so I sold everything I had for a $100. Now I have a savage SS and had nothing but good luck with it I have only broke a lower a-arm so I upgraded to rpm all the way around I have to say hpi makes one hell of a truck very happy with it and I will always buy hpi. I'm thinking of getting a Hellfire next does anyone have any input on it?

Latest posts

Members online

Back