THS pipe with LRP spec 3 issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now that I'm looking at it the whole tranny case looks to be tilted. could i have received a bad set ot flm tvp's? or is the tranny supposed to sit like that. look at the top of spur sitting above the tvp's

HPIM0535.jpg

OK its confirmed the motor plate is fubar. i still don't get how since i have hardly used the truck and its only been used on parking lots. most of it was tuning the ported motor.
ok part solved. i still may switch pipes since i don't like the fitment of the ths
still doesnt explain why the cap head screws on the motor mount don't clear since they didnt from the begining

Last edited by a moderator:
Your tranny looks fine to me. I'm glad you found the plate to be bent. My guess is that the plate was bent before installation. I think I have heard of this before from there motor plate.

The THS should fit much better now. It is a great pipe actually probably one of the better pipes.

With the plate fixed and upon assembly you will see that everything should fit better. Keep us informed.

PS>If you wanted to send the plate back to FLM they will/should resend you a new one that is correct because they have a warranty for there stuff. But you will have to wait a while because what I have heard is they are slow and you would have to wait for mail n(Send and Received).

I just didnt realize that the header would cause a slight fitment issue even with it straight. i like the jammin header. ill figure it out once everything is straight. i already emailed flm

Stock motor plate on motor sits better. screews clear but cap screws with flm def wont clear i don't think.

Exhaust is better but not perfect.

:cornfused: Can you post a picture of your setup from the side? Just curious how it looks compared to mine, since we're using all the same parts.

Greg, I have the FLMs from your thread that SDMORRIS was running. They did not need to be shimmed.

Stock motor plate on motor sits better. screews clear but cap screws with flm def wont clear i don't think.

Exhaust is better but not perfect.

To get 20/47 I had to drill and tap my mill mount to take a standard thread Button head screws. Others on the site have ground the TVP's to get them to fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am running 18/47 ATM
It's kinda hard to tell but.. the pipe looks like it hits the roll bar .. IT DON"T it sits below it so it looks like it does .. I have like a 1/8 inch clearance

IMG_3231.jpg

IMG_3229.jpg

IMG_3231.jpg

Whats up with the throttle return spring ? (sorry if you said in a different post )

Throttle return spring was a little stretched out so i moved it to the tvp. so then i went to do this with the lrp and pipe and it wasnt staying but i fixed that.
I actually gave up on the ths pipe and started running it with the hpi polished to get some break in tanks through it. motor starts right up. sounds nasty. I'm still undecided on whether to use the ths pipe or get the jammin. unless i switch to 18/49 gearing to get the motor out a little more

Yeah i think I'm giving up on the ths pipe. I'm ready to throw this thing out the window. this is after the engine plate swap reset my mesh. everything straight
IMG00152.jpg

If you look closely at this pic it looks like the header points inward towards the tvp
IMG00155.jpg

Well it's the tvp's not the pipe
really it's the header
Run a jammin header your problems will be gone

I just ran a tank with the new pipe on my lrp .. it sounds great and ripppps

I been looking for a jammin header. can they be purchased separately from the pipe? Or i can just get a jammin pipe and call it a day. I'm waiting on smf to get back to me about swapping for a jammin pipe

I hope so. you think the jammin pipe will be as good or is the ths better? or should i just try to find a jammin header?
\What gearing are you running with your lrp jeremy?

Never tried a jammin pipe .. couldn't tell ya
I bet you can find a jammin header .. maybe someone will swap ya .. try the wanted forum

Well I'm thinking with stock tvp's it might work ok but since the flm's are thicker its more of an issue.

Ill try them but it seems that there arre other users who had the same issue with the flm tvp's and this gearing/pipe setup.

You can probably find someone willing to swap headers with you. Theres a few guys running JP pipes and cant use their header with reg length tvps. It hits the back shock tower. With ext tvps, its no problem.

Pipe is going back. I'm not limiting my gearing options all for a pipe. ill most likely order the jammin jp4 instead

Thanks for everyones help. motor mount was bent in a couple spots! i have to contact flm and get a new one sent to me.

Once i started looking into it more i realized the gears would mesh but were angled. so my spur would have ended up wearing funny. i seem to always strip spur gears anyway! might have been my problem all along.

Members online

Back