Throttle sticking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shockdogg

Can’t figure out why throttle is sticking in savage x. I put a spectrum transmitter and receiver in it and I’m wondering if I’m losing connection. Servo seems to be working fine when car is up close and motor is off

Did you check the carburetor? Might be worthwhile to take it out and clean it just to eliminate it as a factor.

After that I would check your transmitter settings. Make sure you don't have sub trims above neutral, that would make it seem like it was sticking when its really just a setting being off.

I experienced this last summer. I felt like I had 100% throttle or nothing when really I had throttle punch turned on for some reason so just a touch of the trigger would open up the carb 75% or so.

Well I took carb completely off and cleaned and lubricated the slide. You definitely may be on to something. I’ve got a spare I’m gonna try. Ran it full speed into a fence yesterday and bent chassis after a rebuild of the motor ?

Ok well if you did that the carb should be fine I would imagine, but yeah throw on the spare anyway. Damn that sucks :/ maybe get some IRC 4mm TVPs while you're at it, might fix that problem? haha

Let me know what ends up working for you.

I will. I’m taking it back out tomorrow so wish me luck

Attachments

• 07BC4F04-BE4B-4DF6-9C75-2FFC281BD93F.jpeg
    07BC4F04-BE4B-4DF6-9C75-2FFC281BD93F.jpeg
    265.8 KB · Views: 2
My buddy gave it to me for free cause the blown motor. Did a couple favors for him. Not sure what he did to car previously. So I’ve just took off carb and cleaned her and repositioned it away from the spur gear a bit more. Maybe it was catching on spur gear but. I’m puzzled ?

Is the throttle return spring installed? If not, buy and install one, that's your problem.

1539347375666.png

Could also be your servo is flaking out on you. Works with engine off, but add the vibration of a running engine and it gets sketchy. If your steering servo was flaking, then I'd say it's the switch, but since you said it's just the one servo, could be that.

Could also be your servo is flaking out on you. Works with engine off, but add the vibration of a running engine and it gets sketchy. If your steering servo was flaking, then I'd say it's the switch, but since you said it's just the one servo, could be that.
Yea a buddy of mine said this may be the case

Do you have the stock throttle linkage or an aftermarket one? I.e. the popular ofna throttle mod

When I had sticking issues it was because of the right angled linkage - I when did the ofna mod I got an aluminum one like this one (<- link).

Never had a problem since I did the conversion - would highly recommend it!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back