Throttle Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacher_Ed

I was toying with my Savage today and it will start and idle fine, but when I attempt to give it any throttle is just dies. It starts back up, but does the same thing. Any suggestions???

leave the glow ignitor on it and try to give it throttle. but it sounds like the tune is to rich .

x2. Mine did the exact same thing today twice when i started it cold, and i put left the glow ignitor on it, and lifted the wheels in the air and gave it some throttle, and it was good after that

Hey Preacher... are you sure your glow plug is good? Pull it out and put it in the ignitor. See how it looks. Should be nice and bright.

Also, is the glow plug really wrenched on? If so, back it off a notch.

I'm not sure how long you are leaving the ignitor on for but leave it on longer than you are now and see if it stays running. Pick it up and give it a lil throttle as well.

The thing that is bewildering is that it stays running at idle. It only cuts out the moment you touch the throttle. I left the glow plug igniter on, and lifted it off the ground and when doing that I can increase the throttle. It just doesn't work when the truck is on the ground.

Latest posts

Members online

Back