the ask crzy thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a savage 21 and want to put savage x frame plates on it. will they work?

it's actually my sons truck. he wants them because they look cool. I actually runa sportwerks mayhem buggy,a jato 3.3 and just bougt a revo 3.3. I don't know much about the savage yet other than it seems durable and all you guys love them.

Not only will the work but will lower the center of gravity and make it handle much nicer. I would go with the X SS plates if I were you. Thay have fixed the weak point in the TVPs under the engine plate in they X SS design. Both are lower CG tho and I ran my X plates for awhile with no bending in mine.

I have just bought a dodge charger body and would like to paint it as the "General Lee" off dukes of hazard? Anyone got any webbies for paint schemes or Templates?

is there a pipe specificaly designed for a .26 or a .28 ect. to a .32 or is it like one fits all kinda thing? and second why would my motor be eating glow plugs all of a sudden Dynamite .26 Dynamite sprt fuel 30% got a gallon through it.

OK.....If God is all powerful...,and he owned a Savage,... could God mod his Savage to be so powerful, that God himself, could not stop it?........

:FarleyParty: :jamout: :jamout: :puke: :patriotism: :nono: ahh dude what are you doing you might be squished by gods dirt bonez for saying that....

is there a pipe specificaly designed for a .26 or a .28 ect. to a .32 or is it like one fits all kinda thing? and second why would my motor be eating glow plugs all of a sudden Dynamite .26 Dynamite sprt fuel 30% got a gallon through it.

Most pipes will work w/ a .21 to a .32... you should be fine there..

if u are running to lean/rich that would do it, Another thing !!!! check to see if there is any metal in the engine. sounds scary but THAT WILL DO IT trust me bud. what did the glow plug element look like ?. Take the head off and look at the piston

last night I did brake the motor down even pulled the sleave out and piston, sprayed nitro cleaner all through it the top of the piston was BLACK ...... as far as the glow plugs they looked ok at first look but some looked bent inside like half way down the plug hole...lol i said plug hole....lol any way i put it back together and so far its running better i did clean of the piston head and cleaned my pipe ran good today...... must say though this motor is touched in a big way in my opinion i have my hpi .25 apart and the mods that where here last year or so for porting the .25 would almost make the inside look like this .26 but not all the way this .26 has an extra port on the intake side and three cuts into the crank ....

and thanks on the pipe question just wondering but what if I got a rb moded .30 should I buy a new pipe with it are they tuned to his motors?

cool cuz I think i need to get that motor but i want to build a break in bench just cuz.........god just had an apiphany my wife is going to think I'm crazy if she doesnt allready......lol.

you could do that I find it easiser to have it in the truck, b/c then you can set up your linkage. and its ready to run at different rpm's..

but to each his own good luck bro.. you will love the sts if so are you ordering it from www.stsmicroengines.com Mark will hook you up bud trust me !

sts.30 with roto start??

has any one mounted a sts .30 with a roto start on a savy?? i pulled sts off my buggy and would like to mount it on the savy the roto port looks like it sets lower then the axial rr.28 roto port ?

i had a question....now i forgot it.....
OH!
hows the duratrax kwik-pit super start with the dual 540 Motors in it?

i don't like any boxes with the dual motors and belt deal, they are lighter but more parts to replace/rebuild as it wears also stick packs do not last too long

i like my chrome top ofna box with a 12v gel cell and single large motor setup

Just read this thread for the first time .. Good stuff crazy !!!!

+ rep

Yeah me too. It is pretty funny stuff. Since this is "ask CRZY anything thread", my B-day was yest. just wondering if I could take that airbrush off your hands as a B-day present?

J/K crzy. thought I'd add a little more humor to the thread.

Latest posts

Members online

Back